I heard the following story at Sam Wellers about some local LDS Church units and selling books. I don’t know when this happened or who it was — no doubt someone here knows the story better than I do, or knows of a similar story — but it strikes me as the kind of thing that happens sometimes among LDS Church members. It seems some stake along the Wasatch Front did their stake history, and after selling copies to everyone in the stake who wanted one, had a lot of leftover copies. So they packed them up in someone’s... Read more »
- My Theory of the Church’s Statement on the Change in BSA Policy
- erniejshannon: Nate, I surely appreciate your ambivalence on this issue. I would just...
- Gray: No, private clubs and churches have unlimited freedom to discriminate in any way...
- Left Field: ” “Legally and lawfully wedded” means legally and lawfully wedded...
- SilverRain: Spending six weeks at home to recover from childbirth is not the same as...
- mirrorrorrim: For me, physical differences distract from spiritual and mental sameness,...
- Raymond Takashi Swenson: Boyd K. Packer was a military pilot who was stationed in Japan...
Notes From All Over
- Mormons Around the World Country Newsroom Websites July 30, 2015 July 30, 2015
- MOTION GRAPHIC: Helping the Needy; It's a Hand Up July 29, 2015
- Church Re-evaluating Scouting Program July 27, 2015
- Mormonism in Pictures: Mormon Tabernacle Choir Expands Outreach July 23, 2015
- Mormon Tabernacle Choir Announces 2016 European Tour July 23, 2015
- MOTION GRAPHIC: LDS Charities Provides Wheelchairs Around the World July 20, 2015
Posts Tagged ‘ organization ’
Some years ago, I noticed a trend among female general auxiliary leaders. With few exceptions, they all lean (no pun intended) to the slimmer side of the LDS population at large (ahem). Much as missionaries have a particular grooming code, is there an unwritten appearance requirement for “upper-level” service? Read more »