I heard the following story at Sam Wellers about some local LDS Church units and selling books. I don’t know when this happened or who it was — no doubt someone here knows the story better than I do, or knows of a similar story — but it strikes me as the kind of thing that happens sometimes among LDS Church members. It seems some stake along the Wasatch Front did their stake history, and after selling copies to everyone in the stake who wanted one, had a lot of leftover copies. So they packed them up in someone’s... Read more »
- A Letter From Salt Lake CityRevisiting President Packer on “Scientific Neglect” and Meetings
- ji: He was a wonderful teacher and a great man — and a committed and compassionate...
- Dave: Thanks for the story, Ben — that’s a compassionate and understanding...
- Terry H: Boyd K. Packer died this afternoon. Sorry to break the thread. Church has...
- Neal: Very nice Walter. Thank you for that enlightened perspective.
Notes From All Over
- VIDEO: Mormon Tabernacle Choir Sings at Yankee Stadium on East Coast Tour July 4, 2015
- President Boyd K. Packer Dies At Age 90 July 3, 2015
- Missionaries Serving in Some Missions No Longer Required to Wear Suit Coats July 2, 2015
- Mormonism in the News: Getting It Right | July 2, 2015 July 2, 2015
- VIDEO: Mormon Tabernacle Choir Draws Large Crowds During East Coast Tour July 2, 2015
- BYU to Host Religious Freedom Conference in July July 1, 2015
Posts Tagged ‘ organization ’
Some years ago, I noticed a trend among female general auxiliary leaders. With few exceptions, they all lean (no pun intended) to the slimmer side of the LDS population at large (ahem). Much as missionaries have a particular grooming code, is there an unwritten appearance requirement for “upper-level” service? Read more »