I heard the following story at Sam Wellers about some local LDS Church units and selling books. I don’t know when this happened or who it was — no doubt someone here knows the story better than I do, or knows of a similar story — but it strikes me as the kind of thing that happens sometimes among LDS Church members. It seems some stake along the Wasatch Front did their stake history, and after selling copies to everyone in the stake who wanted one, had a lot of leftover copies. So they packed them up in someone’s... Read more »
- My Life as a Mama DragonThe random thoughts and perspectives of a 17-year-old kid about the Sat. Morning Gen Conf session
- Kajabada: As a mother of teenagers, this was delightful to read on so many levels –...
- Matt W.: Great job 17 year old.
- Brian Rostron: Yes, diversity of opinion is troublesome.
- Kylie Turley: Thanks for commenting. The 9-year-old is thrilled that you are reading this!
- Matt W.: hey 9 year old, great notes.
Notes From All Over
- Three Named to the Quorum of the Twelve Apostles October 3, 2015
- Coverage and News Media Resources from the 185th Semiannual General Conference October 3, 2015
- The World Report October 3, 2015
- Photos of the Speakers From the 185th Semiannual General Conference October 3, 2015
- Mormon Temples Currently Under Construction October 2, 2015
- Children’s Handprints Displayed on Temple Square October 1, 2015
Posts Tagged ‘ organization ’
Some years ago, I noticed a trend among female general auxiliary leaders. With few exceptions, they all lean (no pun intended) to the slimmer side of the LDS population at large (ahem). Much as missionaries have a particular grooming code, is there an unwritten appearance requirement for “upper-level” service? Read more »