I heard the following story at Sam Wellers about some local LDS Church units and selling books. I don’t know when this happened or who it was — no doubt someone here knows the story better than I do, or knows of a similar story — but it strikes me as the kind of thing that happens sometimes among LDS Church members. It seems some stake along the Wasatch Front did their stake history, and after selling copies to everyone in the stake who wanted one, had a lot of leftover copies. So they packed them up in someone’s... Read more »
- New Testament Gospel Doctrine Lesson #20Day of the Lamanite, Deferred
- Cameron N.: Former Stake President of my singles ward at the BYU Provo, Larry Echohawk:...
- EG: When I was on my mission in Mexico (1980s), we often attempted to spark interest in...
- KLC: Dave, I’m old enough to have experienced first hand days of the Indian...
Notes From All Over
- Elder L. Tom Perry Thanks Members and Friends as Health Worsens May 29, 2015
- Elder Oaks Shares Missionary Assignment Process May 28, 2015
- Elder Cook Calls for Global Effort to Protect Faith and Religious Freedom May 27, 2015
- Mormons Around the World Country Newsroom Websites May 26, 2015 May 22, 2015
- War of 1812, End of Civil War 150th Anniversary Commemorated May 22, 2015
- Church to Monitor BSA Policy Discussion May 21, 2015
Posts Tagged ‘ organization ’
Some years ago, I noticed a trend among female general auxiliary leaders. With few exceptions, they all lean (no pun intended) to the slimmer side of the LDS population at large (ahem). Much as missionaries have a particular grooming code, is there an unwritten appearance requirement for “upper-level” service? Read more »