I heard the following story at Sam Wellers about some local LDS Church units and selling books. I don’t know when this happened or who it was — no doubt someone here knows the story better than I do, or knows of a similar story — but it strikes me as the kind of thing that happens sometimes among LDS Church members. It seems some stake along the Wasatch Front did their stake history, and after selling copies to everyone in the stake who wanted one, had a lot of leftover copies. So they packed them up in someone’s... Read more »
- Seafloor Spreading, or Why I’m Mormon
- Clark Goble: If progress is to be taken only as it heads to your conclusions, then of...
- p: Clark #32 first paragraph. Oh, please. Not what I’d call “progress”...
- Clark Goble: P, don’t want to go down a rat hole too far afield from Adam’s...
- Clark Goble: MirrorMirror (9) the problem with that is that people are able to persuade...
- Josh Smith: Steve Smith (74 and 84): I’m also interested in whether belief is...
Notes From All Over
- Church Dedicates Pasta and Mill Plant in Northern Utah March 2, 2015
- Mormon Tabernacle Choir to Perform at Yankee Stadium March 2, 2015
- Mormons Around the World Country Newsroom Websites February 27, 2015 February 27, 2015
- Mormon Tabernacle Choir Inducted Into the American Classical Music Hall of Fame February 27, 2015
- Faith, Family and Religious Freedom Subject of Apostle's Speech at California University February 26, 2015
- Groundbreaking Planned for First Wyoming Temple February 25, 2015
Posts Tagged ‘ organization ’
Some years ago, I noticed a trend among female general auxiliary leaders. With few exceptions, they all lean (no pun intended) to the slimmer side of the LDS population at large (ahem). Much as missionaries have a particular grooming code, is there an unwritten appearance requirement for “upper-level” service? Read more »