I heard the following story at Sam Wellers about some local LDS Church units and selling books. I don’t know when this happened or who it was — no doubt someone here knows the story better than I do, or knows of a similar story — but it strikes me as the kind of thing that happens sometimes among LDS Church members. It seems some stake along the Wasatch Front did their stake history, and after selling copies to everyone in the stake who wanted one, had a lot of leftover copies. So they packed them up in someone’s... Read more »
- Practical Apologetics: Historicity
- JEF: An improved version of the “Scripture as Incarnation” essay appears in...
- Mary Ann: Rah – I agree the core issue driving the defensiveness of many people on...
- John: Sure, the authenticity of the BoM cannot be proven with secular...
Notes From All Over
- Mormons Around the World: Country Newsroom Websites | Jan 23 January 23, 2015
- Catholic Archbishop Delivers Message on Religious Freedom at Brigham Young University January 23, 2015
- Reid L. Neilson Named Assistant Church Historian and Recorder January 23, 2015
- Mormonism Online: In Your Own Words | 22 January 2015 January 22, 2015
- Mormonism In the News: Getting It Right | January 22, 2015 January 22, 2015
- The Humanitarian Impulse January 21, 2015
Posts Tagged ‘ organization ’
Some years ago, I noticed a trend among female general auxiliary leaders. With few exceptions, they all lean (no pun intended) to the slimmer side of the LDS population at large (ahem). Much as missionaries have a particular grooming code, is there an unwritten appearance requirement for “upper-level” service? Read more »