I heard the following story at Sam Wellers about some local LDS Church units and selling books. I don’t know when this happened or who it was — no doubt someone here knows the story better than I do, or knows of a similar story — but it strikes me as the kind of thing that happens sometimes among LDS Church members. It seems some stake along the Wasatch Front did their stake history, and after selling copies to everyone in the stake who wanted one, had a lot of leftover copies. So they packed them up in someone’s... Read more »
- Recommended NT Resources, part 3: History and Commentary
- Gary R.: I am wondering what your thoughts are on the somewhat older and likely out of...
- thabermeyer: Thanks for putting the short list together Ben – much appreciated. Your...
- Ardis E. Parshall: Oh, duh, sorry. I guess I was so eager to get to the book list that I...
- Jonathan Cavender: Josh: The Lord is a higher authority than the Prophet, therefore...
- Josh Smith: Johnathan, I’m interested in the idea of “obedience to a higher...
- Jonathan Cavender: Josh: You are not getting annoying, I assure you. However, I believe...
Notes From All Over
- Church Launches 'He Is the Gift' Initiative to Share Christmas Message November 28, 2014
- Mormonism Online: In Your Own Words | 26 November 2014 November 26, 2014
- Mormons Around the World: Country Newsroom Websites | November 26 November 26, 2014
- Church to Send Email Messages to Members Worldwide November 25, 2014
- The Voice of Religious Conscience November 25, 2014
- Mormons Join Christians Around the World to Celebrate the Bible November 25, 2014
Posts Tagged ‘ organization ’
Some years ago, I noticed a trend among female general auxiliary leaders. With few exceptions, they all lean (no pun intended) to the slimmer side of the LDS population at large (ahem). Much as missionaries have a particular grooming code, is there an unwritten appearance requirement for “upper-level” service? Read more »