I recieved one of those continuing education catalogs in the mail today (from Lehman College, not BYU), and glancing through it, I began to wonder why the courses are all very basic. The courses are all introductory, and seem to be for those looking to start a career in relatively low-skill professions. I suppose there is good reason for this–colleges offer courses that people want to take. But with the rise of the Internet and “distance learning” shouldn’t the reverse be happening also? Shouldn’t these tools result in a lot of small, narrowly-focused courses, more academic in nature? Perhaps... Read more »
Times and Seasons is a place to gather and discuss ideas of interest to faithful Latter-day Saints.
- The random thoughts and perspectives of a 17-year-old kid about the Sat. Morning Gen Conf session
- Kajabada: As a mother of teenagers, this was delightful to read on so many levels –...
- Matt W.: Great job 17 year old.
- Brian Rostron: Yes, diversity of opinion is troublesome.
- Kylie Turley: Thanks for commenting. The 9-year-old is thrilled that you are reading this!
- Matt W.: hey 9 year old, great notes.
- Matt W.: wow, impressive 12 year old
Notes From All Over
- Three Named to the Quorum of the Twelve Apostles October 3, 2015
- Coverage and News Media Resources from the 185th Semiannual General Conference October 3, 2015
- The World Report October 3, 2015
- Photos of the Speakers From the 185th Semiannual General Conference October 3, 2015
- Mormon Temples Currently Under Construction October 2, 2015
- Children’s Handprints Displayed on Temple Square October 1, 2015