The news yesterday that artist Jon McNaughton had pulled his artwork from the BYU Bookstore led me to ponder once again the influence that Church-owned businesses and institutions have on Mormon Culture. While these institutions seem focused on how what they carry and produce reflects on themselves and, ultimately, the Church, I worry that the variety of books, art, music and other Mormon cultural materials aren’t as available as they should be. Read more »
Times and Seasons is a place to gather and discuss ideas of interest to faithful Latter-day Saints.
- The Next Generation’s Faith Crisis
- Tim: thor– I think it’s quite often a combination of...
- thor: For another perspective – I am 33, BIC, strong parental home and home wards, 2...
- Blinker: It might be premature to speak of the next generation’s faith crisis, when...
- P Harline: I’m tired of all the Reformation-loving kids trampling the flower beds.
- Craig H.: Steve, sure, Luther eventually didn’t love All Saints Day, but he was...
Notes From All Over
- Mormons Around the World: Country Newsroom Websites | October 31 October 31, 2014
- First Presidency Issues Letter Encouraging Political Participation, Voting October 29, 2014
- Church Continues to Monitor and Respond to Ebola Situation October 29, 2014
- Freedom of Religion in the Workplace Discussed at the UN October 28, 2014
- Mormonism Online: In Your Own Words | 28 October 2014 October 28, 2014
- Difference and Dignity October 24, 2014