I think that we often think of witnesses as something outside of the event, added to fill a particular need or satisfy the desires of the world. But I wonder if this perception might not be incorrect, if witnesses are not, in fact, an important part of the process of communicating truth. A testimony is, after all, what a witness provides, and, at least in the church, it is hard to imagine communicating truth without testimony. In the fourth D&C Gospel Doctrine lesson witnesses to the Book of Mormon are an important part of the story of the scripture’s... Read more »
Times and Seasons is a place to gather and discuss ideas of interest to faithful Latter-day Saints.
- Questions and Doubts
- Clark Goble: MirrorMirror (9) the problem with that is that people are able to persuade...
- Josh Smith: Steve Smith (74 and 84): I’m also interested in whether belief is...
- mirrorrorrim: Clark, to respond to #78, what you consider problematic I find comforting....
- Steve Smith: Another attempt to separate oneself from the troubling story of the...
- Dave: I think the better analogy is that of large tree with rotten roots next to your...
Notes From All Over
- Church Dedicates Pasta and Mill Plant in Northern Utah March 2, 2015
- Mormon Tabernacle Choir to Perform at Yankee Stadium March 2, 2015
- Mormons Around the World Country Newsroom Websites February 27, 2015 February 27, 2015
- Mormon Tabernacle Choir Inducted Into the American Classical Music Hall of Fame February 27, 2015
- Faith, Family and Religious Freedom Subject of Apostle's Speech at California University February 26, 2015
- Groundbreaking Planned for First Wyoming Temple February 25, 2015
Posts Tagged ‘ Oliver Cowdery ’
March 30, 2014 | no commentsBy Kent Larsen