We tend to talk about the benefits of the temple more than the obligations. In the temple we may gain knowledge, revelation, be sealed to our families, and give our relatives who have passed on the opportunity to accept necessary earthly ordinances—all important elements described in the Lorenzo Snow manual lesson 10. But these benefits come with some obligations (beyond those required to qualify for a recommend), such as the obligation to attend the temple periodically, support temple work, do genealogical work, and even work in the temple when called. On a practical level, these obligations are quite different... Read more »
Times and Seasons is a place to gather and discuss ideas of interest to faithful Latter-day Saints.
- Who Likes Deseret Book?
- Ben S: Don’t forget Jesus Christ and the World of the New Testament and Jehovah and...
- jcc: The general authorities don’t write anymore, compared to earlier decades. Any...
- the narrator: Call me an annoyed non-DB publisher, but I’m quite certain that DB is...
- Silfo: Nathaniel, It’s clear we disagree but just to be clear I’m not making...
- Nathaniel Givens: csstrayer- One of my main concerns lately (that I think is relevant to...
Notes From All Over
Notes from All Over
- Church Provides Preview of Historic Site Under Construction in Pennsylvania September 29, 2014
- Church Hosts Second General Women’s Meeting for Women and Girls September 27, 2014
- Pew: Religion Losing Influence in America September 24, 2014
- Church History Museum Closes for Interior Renovation September 24, 2014
- Exhibit Highlights Women in the Scriptures September 24, 2014
- Church Members Look Forward to Second General Women’s Meeting September 24, 2014
Posts Tagged ‘ obligations ’
May 12, 2013 | 3 commentsBy Kent Larsen