We tend to talk about the benefits of the temple more than the obligations. In the temple we may gain knowledge, revelation, be sealed to our families, and give our relatives who have passed on the opportunity to accept necessary earthly ordinances—all important elements described in the Lorenzo Snow manual lesson 10. But these benefits come with some obligations (beyond those required to qualify for a recommend), such as the obligation to attend the temple periodically, support temple work, do genealogical work, and even work in the temple when called. On a practical level, these obligations are quite different... Read more »
Times and Seasons is a place to gather and discuss ideas of interest to faithful Latter-day Saints.
- A Mormon Minimalism
- Greg Call: Adam, Great piece. It brought to mind Donald Judd’s 1964 essay, Specific...
- p: That’s not Mormonism, Adam, it’s Zen. And yes, it is beautiful.
- Thomas Parkin: As a personal aesthetic, I wouldn’t say it’s wrong, There is...
- Josh Smith: Well Clark, I’ve had some time to read over your post (100). Again,...
- Alison Moore Smith: SilverRain: Real faith is choosing the better part: moving forward in...
Notes From All Over
- Utah Lawmakers Introduce Bill Balancing Religious Freedom and Nondiscrimination Protections March 4, 2015
- Women Church Leaders Visit Faith-Based Relief Agency in Texas March 3, 2015
- Mormonism Online: In Your Own Words | 4 March 2015 March 3, 2015
- Mormon Tabernacle Choir to Perform at Yankee Stadium March 2, 2015
- Church Dedicates Pasta and Mill Plant in Northern Utah March 2, 2015
- Mormons Around the World Country Newsroom Websites February 27, 2015 February 27, 2015
Posts Tagged ‘ obligations ’
May 12, 2013 | 3 commentsBy Kent Larsen