Several weeks ago the NPR program This American Life aired a stunning segment on Gordon Gee, the Latter-day Saint President of Ohio State University, and his daughter Rebecca. The segment revolved around a series of letters Gordon’s late wife Elizabeth wrote to their daughter as she was dying of cancer. Rebecca was 16 at the time of her mother’s death, and the letters were to be given to her each year on her birthday for thirteen years. Rebecca, however, gradually drifted from the Church, while the letters from her devout mother focused heavily on the deep yearnings she had... Read more »
Times and Seasons is a place to gather and discuss ideas of interest to faithful Latter-day Saints.
- New Testament Gospel Doctrine Lesson #27
- Walter van Beek: It is an important question, Julie, and I like your options. Throughout,...
- Lee Williams: What happened to Lesson 25: “Not My Will But Thine Be Done?”
- Ardis: I lean on your posts for understanding and teaching ideas. Perhaps at some point...
Notes From All Over
- Church Leaders Counsel Members After Supreme Court Same-Sex Marriage Decision June 30, 2015
- MOTION GRAPHIC: LDS Charities Helps Provide Immunizations Around the World June 29, 2015
- Supreme Court Decision Will Not Alter Doctrine on Marriage June 26, 2015
- Mormons Around the World Country Newsroom Websites June 25, 2015 June 25, 2015
- People and Place June 23, 2015
- Journalist Notes Similarities on Environmental Stewardship Between Faiths June 23, 2015