Several weeks ago the NPR program This American Life aired a stunning segment on Gordon Gee, the Latter-day Saint President of Ohio State University, and his daughter Rebecca. The segment revolved around a series of letters Gordon’s late wife Elizabeth wrote to their daughter as she was dying of cancer. Rebecca was 16 at the time of her mother’s death, and the letters were to be given to her each year on her birthday for thirteen years. Rebecca, however, gradually drifted from the Church, while the letters from her devout mother focused heavily on the deep yearnings she had... Read more »
Times and Seasons is a place to gather and discuss ideas of interest to faithful Latter-day Saints.
- The Running Missionary
- Wilfried: Clark (15), you raise two points that would require a lot of explanation. But,...
- Alison Moore Smith: I watched the vid from your link. It’s a highlight reel....
- Clark Goble: Wilfried, well at one time we didn’t send kids. Personally given the...
Notes From All Over
- Utah Lawmakers Introduce Bill Balancing Religious Freedom and Nondiscrimination Protections March 4, 2015
- Women Church Leaders Visit Faith-Based Relief Agency in Texas March 3, 2015
- Mormonism Online: In Your Own Words | 4 March 2015 March 3, 2015
- Mormon Tabernacle Choir to Perform at Yankee Stadium March 2, 2015
- Church Dedicates Pasta and Mill Plant in Northern Utah March 2, 2015
- Mormons Around the World Country Newsroom Websites February 27, 2015 February 27, 2015