Several weeks ago the NPR program This American Life aired a stunning segment on Gordon Gee, the Latter-day Saint President of Ohio State University, and his daughter Rebecca. The segment revolved around a series of letters Gordon’s late wife Elizabeth wrote to their daughter as she was dying of cancer. Rebecca was 16 at the time of her mother’s death, and the letters were to be given to her each year on her birthday for thirteen years. Rebecca, however, gradually drifted from the Church, while the letters from her devout mother focused heavily on the deep yearnings she had... Read more »
Times and Seasons is a place to gather and discuss ideas of interest to faithful Latter-day Saints.
- The Three Neophytes
- mirrorrorrim: I have a couple of thoughts about this. First, I think most people are...
- Cameron N.: If nothing else, I will be glad to hear him speak more. His talks are very...
- Wizard of Oz: Now we have a French Presiding Bishop.
- WalkerW: “Adam was placed in the Garden of Eden “to dress it and to keep it”...
- Mike: Six days shalt thou labor… I suggest that half or even most of Sabbath...
Notes From All Over
- Church Recognized for Saving Electricity and Protecting the Environment October 8, 2015
- Leadership Changes in Presidency of the Seventy Announced October 6, 2015
- Mormonism Online: In Your Own Words | October 5, 2015 October 5, 2015
- Coverage and News Media Resources from the 185th Semiannual General Conference October 3, 2015
- Photos of the Speakers From the 185th Semiannual General Conference October 3, 2015
- The World Report October 3, 2015