The following is a translation from an article written by Emanuel Santana and published on the Brazilian group blog, Vozes Mórmons. I have divided it into three parts because the post is so long and raises so many questions about politics and the Church—things that strike me as repeatedly-covered issues in the U.S. and perhaps Canada, but which are new territory in Brazil and elsewhere around the world. This first part covers background information, from the introduction of the Church in Fortaleza to Moroni Torgan’s arrival and rise to prominence as Brazil’s first Mormon Congressman. Read more »
Times and Seasons is a place to gather and discuss ideas of interest to faithful Latter-day Saints.
- Visitor at a missionary reunion
- Naismith: Very moving. My husband served in Muslim country, and by the time we could...
- Craig H.: That’s really nice Wilfried, and heartbreakingly true.
- Silfo: Gosh I didn’t mean anything like credulous dupes! Perhaps an example will...
- Nathaniel Givens: Slifo- Perhaps Santa Claus deceptions are actually… a pacifying...
- Mary Ann: #17 Martin – “Its what I liked best about C. Strayer’s talk – that...
Notes From All Over
Notes from All Over
- Church Provides Preview of Historic Site Under Construction in Pennsylvania September 29, 2014
- Church Hosts Second General Women’s Meeting for Women and Girls September 27, 2014
- Pew: Religion Losing Influence in America September 24, 2014
- Church History Museum Closes for Interior Renovation September 24, 2014
- Exhibit Highlights Women in the Scriptures September 24, 2014
- Church Members Look Forward to Second General Women’s Meeting September 24, 2014
Posts Tagged ‘ Northeast ’
August 14, 2012 | 6 commentsBy Kent Larsen