There is no shortage of poetry about Joseph Smith, the subject of lesson 23 of the Lorenzo Snow manual. But Snow’s views on Joseph Smith are focused not on his martyrdom or on his role as the initial prophet of this dispensation. Instead, Snow focuses on Joseph Smith’s character—an unusual subject for the early Mormon poetry I’ve collected so far. But the following poem does briefly mention some of Joseph Smith’s character traits: Read more »
Times and Seasons is a place to gather and discuss ideas of interest to faithful Latter-day Saints.
- Revisiting President Packer on “Scientific Neglect” and Meetings
- ji: He was a wonderful teacher and a great man — and a committed and compassionate...
- Dave: Thanks for the story, Ben — that’s a compassionate and understanding...
- Terry H: Boyd K. Packer died this afternoon. Sorry to break the thread. Church has...
- Neal: Very nice Walter. Thank you for that enlightened perspective.
- RB: pdoe, having girls in high school marry college boys (RMs to boot) in the temple and...
Notes From All Over
- President Boyd K. Packer Dies At Age 90 July 3, 2015
- Missionaries Serving in Some Missions No Longer Required to Wear Suit Coats July 2, 2015
- VIDEO: Mormon Tabernacle Choir Draws Large Crowds During East Coast Tour July 2, 2015
- Mormonism in the News: Getting It Right | July 2, 2015 July 2, 2015
- BYU to Host Religious Freedom Conference in July July 1, 2015
- Episcopalian Convention Includes Hands-On Interfaith Service Project at Welfare Square July 1, 2015