When I was a youth (pre-1978), a magazine article about the Church hit the newsstands in Washington D.C., and we, local members, were ecstatic with what we considered great coverage of the Church. So I was very surprised at the negative reaction of the missionaries in our ward. It seems that the article had a few negative things to say that we thought were minor (and accurate), and the missionaries felt were major derogatory statements that put the Church in a bad light. While the situation isn’t the same, I read a similar reaction yesterday, objecting to the mention... Read more »
Times and Seasons is a place to gather and discuss ideas of interest to faithful Latter-day Saints.
- A 9-year-old Child’s Notes on Gen Conf Sat afternoonReading Nephi – 1:7-17
- Clark Goble: Sadly no Kindle version. But yeah $37 is fairly reasonable.
- Terry H: Clark. I’ll bide my time for something longer on Alma 12-13. I agree 100%...
- James Olsen: Katie — you’re quite welcome, thanks for joining the conversation.
Notes From All Over
- Three Named to the Quorum of the Twelve Apostles October 3, 2015
- Coverage and News Media Resources from the 185th Semiannual General Conference October 3, 2015
- The World Report October 3, 2015
- Photos of the Speakers From the 185th Semiannual General Conference October 3, 2015
- Mormon Temples Currently Under Construction October 2, 2015
- Children’s Handprints Displayed on Temple Square October 1, 2015
Posts Tagged ‘ newspaper audience ’
May 3, 2009 | 48 commentsBy Kent Larsen