When I was a youth (pre-1978), a magazine article about the Church hit the newsstands in Washington D.C., and we, local members, were ecstatic with what we considered great coverage of the Church. So I was very surprised at the negative reaction of the missionaries in our ward. It seems that the article had a few negative things to say that we thought were minor (and accurate), and the missionaries felt were major derogatory statements that put the Church in a bad light. While the situation isn’t the same, I read a similar reaction yesterday, objecting to the mention... Read more »
Times and Seasons is a place to gather and discuss ideas of interest to faithful Latter-day Saints.
- Women and the Church – Constructively Engaging the Arguments
- SilverRain: John C— I think I follow, now. I was pointing out that the aggressive activism...
- SilverRain: Geoff— I have never met anyone who believes in unquestioning obedience, no...
- John C.: If Darius’s life and activity began and ended with the Genesis Group, that...
- Michael McNew: People suffer more when they make themselves victims. Here a radio host...
- RH: Roger, I disagree with your overall philosophy and do not intend my disagreement to...
Notes From All Over
Notes from All Over
- Mormons Around the World: Country Newsroom Websites | 23 August August 23, 2014
- Ground Broken for Meridian Idaho Temple August 23, 2014
- Apostle Calls for Uplifting Social Media Messages to Sweep the Earth August 19, 2014
- Mormonism in Pictures: What Do Mormon Teens Do? August 14, 2014
- Mormonism in the News: Getting It Right | 13 August 2014 August 13, 2014
- “This Is a Woman’s Church,” Says Director of Humanitarian Services and LDS Charities August 12, 2014
Posts Tagged ‘ newspaper audience ’
May 3, 2009 | 48 commentsBy Kent Larsen