Often when we discuss the principles of welfare today, we talk as if the whole idea of welfare developed in the 1930s, along with the current program. In reality, before the current program caring for the needy, poor and promoting self-reliance were largely the purview of the Relief Society. And so it is a Song of the Sisters of the Relief Society (familiar today since it is the poem on which the current hymn, As Sisters in Zion, is based — Julie also posted here on Times and Seasons about this poem) that I present below to help us... Read more »
Times and Seasons is a place to gather and discuss ideas of interest to faithful Latter-day Saints.
- Mourning and the Gospel
- Kristine: “The city of Utrecht, an old bishop city in the Middle Ages, is full of...
- Roger: Walter– Your narrative captures the pathos of the tragedy. So many innocent...
- DQ: I can’t imagine the level of grief many are feeling, and will continue to feel....
- sba: Moderators?
- Mrs Karina: MY TESTIMONY Hello dear friends My name is Karina Vilva . I want to use this...
Notes From All Over
Notes from All Over
- Mormon Youth in Utah Host Special Needs Pioneer Trek July 22, 2014
- Mormon Tabernacle Choir and Santino Fontana Headline Pioneer Day Concerts July 20, 2014
- Groundbreaking Date Announced for Meridian Idaho Mormon Temple July 18, 2014
- Ogden Utah Temple Open House: Tickets Available 21 July July 17, 2014
- Mormonism in the News: Getting It Right | 15 July 2014 July 15, 2014
- Mormonism in Pictures: A Look at Members, Missionaries and Temples in Peru July 14, 2014
Posts Tagged ‘ needy ’
September 29, 2013 | no commentsBy Kent Larsen