In the first talk given during the Priesthood session of this past General Conference, Elder Neil L. Andersen told the story of New Zealand rugby player Sid Going, who, in 1962, was poised to become a major Rugby star. But Going instead chose to serve an LDS mission, and became a star anyway when he returned two years later. Now, less than six weeks after Conference, Australian LDS Church member Will Hopoate has chosen to follow Going’s example, forgoing interest from 6 teams and at least one offer worth USD $1.6 million. Read more »
Times and Seasons is a place to gather and discuss ideas of interest to faithful Latter-day Saints.
- General Women’s Meeting
- Hedgehog: #34 Really. Because when I just looked very briefly general conference is dated...
- forwardjoe: Geoff – Aus, I am curious what you mean by if the next prophet was...
- Mary Ann: Steve, you are funny. Many Mormons outside the Mormon Corridor would be less...
- Cameron N: Steve, I don’t disagree that many leave because of doubts or that...
- forwardjoe: Well thanks Steve for that comment. I, like you, now know it all.
Notes From All Over
Notes from All Over
- Mormonism Online: In Your Own Words | 30 September 2014 September 30, 2014
- Mormonism in Pictures: Preparing for a Worldwide General Conference September 30, 2014
- Church Provides Preview of Historic Site Under Construction in Pennsylvania September 29, 2014
- Church Hosts Second General Women’s Meeting for Women and Girls September 27, 2014
- Church History Museum Closes for Interior Renovation September 24, 2014
- Church Members Look Forward to Second General Women’s Meeting September 24, 2014