Mid-December is creeping up on us, bringing with it finals and the end of another semester. This year, as a result in the change in missionary ages, mid-December may also herald a tidal wave of new missionaries. Growing up, I heard not-infrequent stories about missions. But I remember only the rarest stories of the MTC. So, To better prepare you for the MTC,1 here’s an MTC story. Merry Christmas! When I was in the MTC, we had three classes a day, for three to three-and-a-half hours per class. To break up the monotony and make sure missionaries had some... Read more »
- New Testament Gospel Doctrine Lesson #13
- Julie M. Smith: ponderer, I think there is ample evidence that the second was a Gentile...
- ponderer: Julie thanks for the insights. I was wondering about the common assumption that...
- mirrorrorrim: Thanks, S James, for being so non-confrontational, especially with how...
- Clark Goble: Well we don’t really know what’s going on there and how much of...
- John Lundwall: Clark, I am not suggesting that no real astronomical measurements were...
Notes From All Over
- Mormonism Online: In Your Own Words | 25 March 2015 March 25, 2015
- Unity in Diversity March 25, 2015
- Mormons Around the World Country Newsroom Websites March 24, 2015 March 24, 2015
- Church Leaders Visit Caroline Kennedy, U.S. Ambassador to Japan March 20, 2015
- Mormonism Online: In Your Own Words | 18 March 2015 March 18, 2015
- Women of the Church Honored in March March 17, 2015
Posts Tagged ‘ MTC ’
If you had any doubt about the impact of the announcement yesterday that missionary service for men and women can begin earlier, just read the reactions in the bloggernacle, on facebook and twitter and even in major newspapers. The largest of the blogs in the bloggernacle have already weighed in on the change… multiple times… in less than 24 hours. I have to wonder; has anyone not put in their two cents? Read more »