Mid-December is creeping up on us, bringing with it finals and the end of another semester. This year, as a result in the change in missionary ages, mid-December may also herald a tidal wave of new missionaries. Growing up, I heard not-infrequent stories about missions. But I remember only the rarest stories of the MTC. So, To better prepare you for the MTC,1 here’s an MTC story. Merry Christmas! When I was in the MTC, we had three classes a day, for three to three-and-a-half hours per class. To break up the monotony and make sure missionaries had some... Read more »
- A Letter From Salt Lake City
- Mark B.: Since this is the language from First Presidency’s letter and attachments...
- Brad L: Put more finely, the letter itself will likely trigger a retrenchment in Mormon...
- Lyle Stamps: When learning it’s best to see what “it” looks like, right?...
- honey: Just a limitation of their freedom of conscience, that’s all.
- thor: Its good to get a European perspective on this. I thought it would have been a...
Notes From All Over
- Mormonism in the News: Getting It Right | July 2, 2015 July 2, 2015
- Missionaries Serving in Some Missions No Longer Required to Wear Suit Coats July 2, 2015
- VIDEO: Mormon Tabernacle Choir Draws Large Crowds During East Coast Tour July 2, 2015
- BYU to Host Religious Freedom Conference in July July 1, 2015
- Episcopalian Convention Includes Hands-On Interfaith Service Project at Welfare Square July 1, 2015
- Church Leaders Counsel Members After Supreme Court Same-Sex Marriage Decision June 30, 2015
Posts Tagged ‘ MTC ’
If you had any doubt about the impact of the announcement yesterday that missionary service for men and women can begin earlier, just read the reactions in the bloggernacle, on facebook and twitter and even in major newspapers. The largest of the blogs in the bloggernacle have already weighed in on the change… multiple times… in less than 24 hours. I have to wonder; has anyone not put in their two cents? Read more »