Mid-December is creeping up on us, bringing with it finals and the end of another semester. This year, as a result in the change in missionary ages, mid-December may also herald a tidal wave of new missionaries. Growing up, I heard not-infrequent stories about missions. But I remember only the rarest stories of the MTC. So, To better prepare you for the MTC,1 here’s an MTC story. Merry Christmas! When I was in the MTC, we had three classes a day, for three to three-and-a-half hours per class. To break up the monotony and make sure missionaries had some... Read more »
- Times and Seasons’ 2014 Mormon of the Year: The Authors of the LDS Gospel Topics EssaysMessianicity & Historicity
- p: That’s exactly what he’s saying, Clark, and that’s the problem, his...
- Clark Goble: P, I don’t think Adam’s saying the regular linear time...
Notes From All Over
- Construction of Rome Italy Temple to Resume at Normal Pace January 29, 2015
- Mormon Leaders Call for Laws That Protect Religious Freedom January 27, 2015
- BYU-Idaho's Board of Trustees Announces New President January 27, 2015
- Mormons Around the World: Country Newsroom Websites | Jan 23 January 23, 2015
- Catholic Archbishop Delivers Message on Religious Freedom at Brigham Young University January 23, 2015
- Reid L. Neilson Named Assistant Church Historian and Recorder January 23, 2015
Posts Tagged ‘ MTC ’
If you had any doubt about the impact of the announcement yesterday that missionary service for men and women can begin earlier, just read the reactions in the bloggernacle, on facebook and twitter and even in major newspapers. The largest of the blogs in the bloggernacle have already weighed in on the change… multiple times… in less than 24 hours. I have to wonder; has anyone not put in their two cents? Read more »