Mid-December is creeping up on us, bringing with it finals and the end of another semester. This year, as a result in the change in missionary ages, mid-December may also herald a tidal wave of new missionaries. Growing up, I heard not-infrequent stories about missions. But I remember only the rarest stories of the MTC. So, To better prepare you for the MTC,1 here’s an MTC story. Merry Christmas! When I was in the MTC, we had three classes a day, for three to three-and-a-half hours per class. To break up the monotony and make sure missionaries had some... Read more »
- A gospel born in griefI was a stranger, and ye took me in
- DQ: Known the guy for 15 years who told it to me. It was in a transfer because their...
- Sonny: I just want to say that reading some of these comments that come off as lacking...
- Jax: Again, wreddyornot, I have no problem with the compassion/charity taking place. I...
Notes From All Over
Notes from All Over
- Mormons Around the World: Country Newsroom Websites | 1 August August 1, 2014
- Missionaries Serving in Two African Nations are Re-Assigned August 1, 2014
- Public Invited to Tour Newly Remodeled Ogden Utah Temple July 29, 2014
- Mormonism in the News: Getting It Right | 23 July 2014 July 23, 2014
- FamilySearch Volunteers Break International Indexing Record July 23, 2014
- Mormon Youth in Utah Host Special Needs Pioneer Trek July 22, 2014
Posts Tagged ‘ MTC ’
If you had any doubt about the impact of the announcement yesterday that missionary service for men and women can begin earlier, just read the reactions in the bloggernacle, on facebook and twitter and even in major newspapers. The largest of the blogs in the bloggernacle have already weighed in on the change… multiple times… in less than 24 hours. I have to wonder; has anyone not put in their two cents? Read more »