Mid-December is creeping up on us, bringing with it finals and the end of another semester. This year, as a result in the change in missionary ages, mid-December may also herald a tidal wave of new missionaries. Growing up, I heard not-infrequent stories about missions. But I remember only the rarest stories of the MTC. So, To better prepare you for the MTC,1 here’s an MTC story. Merry Christmas! When I was in the MTC, we had three classes a day, for three to three-and-a-half hours per class. To break up the monotony and make sure missionaries had some... Read more »
- Visitor at a missionary reunion
- Naismith: Very moving. My husband served in Muslim country, and by the time we could...
- Craig H.: That’s really nice Wilfried, and heartbreakingly true.
- Silfo: Gosh I didn’t mean anything like credulous dupes! Perhaps an example will...
- Nathaniel Givens: Slifo- Perhaps Santa Claus deceptions are actually… a pacifying...
- Mary Ann: #17 Martin – “Its what I liked best about C. Strayer’s talk – that...
Notes From All Over
Notes from All Over
- Church Provides Preview of Historic Site Under Construction in Pennsylvania September 29, 2014
- Church Hosts Second General Women’s Meeting for Women and Girls September 27, 2014
- Pew: Religion Losing Influence in America September 24, 2014
- Church History Museum Closes for Interior Renovation September 24, 2014
- Exhibit Highlights Women in the Scriptures September 24, 2014
- Church Members Look Forward to Second General Women’s Meeting September 24, 2014
Posts Tagged ‘ MTC ’
If you had any doubt about the impact of the announcement yesterday that missionary service for men and women can begin earlier, just read the reactions in the bloggernacle, on facebook and twitter and even in major newspapers. The largest of the blogs in the bloggernacle have already weighed in on the change… multiple times… in less than 24 hours. I have to wonder; has anyone not put in their two cents? Read more »