Mid-December is creeping up on us, bringing with it finals and the end of another semester. This year, as a result in the change in missionary ages, mid-December may also herald a tidal wave of new missionaries. Growing up, I heard not-infrequent stories about missions. But I remember only the rarest stories of the MTC. So, To better prepare you for the MTC,1 here’s an MTC story. Merry Christmas! When I was in the MTC, we had three classes a day, for three to three-and-a-half hours per class. To break up the monotony and make sure missionaries had some... Read more »
- We Are Made to Suffer
- DQ: Suffering is horrible and we probably don’t want to sing it’s praises....
- Nate: Nathaniel, i think you are wanting to say it is better to have lived and have lost...
- Nathaniel Givens: RH- I’m truly sorry for your loss. I don’t pretend that I...
Notes From All Over
Notes from All Over
- Apostle Calls for Uplifting Social Media Messages to Sweep the Earth August 19, 2014
- Mormonism in Pictures: What Do Mormon Teens Do? August 14, 2014
- Mormonism in the News: Getting It Right | 13 August 2014 August 13, 2014
- “This Is a Woman’s Church,” Says Director of Humanitarian Services and LDS Charities August 12, 2014
- Missionary Work: Experiences Shape the Future August 11, 2014
- Public Invited to Tour the Phoenix Arizona Temple August 7, 2014
Posts Tagged ‘ MTC ’
If you had any doubt about the impact of the announcement yesterday that missionary service for men and women can begin earlier, just read the reactions in the bloggernacle, on facebook and twitter and even in major newspapers. The largest of the blogs in the bloggernacle have already weighed in on the change… multiple times… in less than 24 hours. I have to wonder; has anyone not put in their two cents? Read more »