Mid-December is creeping up on us, bringing with it finals and the end of another semester. This year, as a result in the change in missionary ages, mid-December may also herald a tidal wave of new missionaries. Growing up, I heard not-infrequent stories about missions. But I remember only the rarest stories of the MTC. So, To better prepare you for the MTC,1 here’s an MTC story. Merry Christmas! When I was in the MTC, we had three classes a day, for three to three-and-a-half hours per class. To break up the monotony and make sure missionaries had some... Read more »
- Small Group DynamicsRevisiting President Packer on “Scientific Neglect” and Meetings
- Raymond Takashi Swenson: Boyd K. Packer was a military pilot who was stationed in Japan...
- Richard Redick: This is a response to Left Field. “Legally and lawfully...
- Eric Swenson: I agree with the other Eric above. Also, I had the same thought as Gerald-...
- RMM: Let me explain a little more simply, in case my emotion threw anyone off. In comment...
Notes From All Over
- Mormons Around the World Country Newsroom Websites July 30, 2015 July 30, 2015
- MOTION GRAPHIC: Helping the Needy; It's a Hand Up July 29, 2015
- Church Re-evaluating Scouting Program July 27, 2015
- Mormonism in Pictures: Mormon Tabernacle Choir Expands Outreach July 23, 2015
- Mormon Tabernacle Choir Announces 2016 European Tour July 23, 2015
- MOTION GRAPHIC: LDS Charities Provides Wheelchairs Around the World July 20, 2015
Posts Tagged ‘ MTC ’
If you had any doubt about the impact of the announcement yesterday that missionary service for men and women can begin earlier, just read the reactions in the bloggernacle, on facebook and twitter and even in major newspapers. The largest of the blogs in the bloggernacle have already weighed in on the change… multiple times… in less than 24 hours. I have to wonder; has anyone not put in their two cents? Read more »