I think the most significant event in Mosiah 18-24 is the baptism of Alma and his followers in the Waters of Mormon. There we find the great description of the Baptismal covenant, in which those baptized …are willing to mourn with those that mourn; yea, and comfort those that stand in need of comfort, and to stand as witnesses of God at all times and in all things, and in all places… This event led me to a poem by Parley P. Pratt about Baptism, a hymn that seeks to encourage non-members to partake of the ordinance. Read more »
Times and Seasons is a place to gather and discuss ideas of interest to faithful Latter-day Saints.
- 4 o’clock
- Kylie: Thank you. I appreciate you reading and responding.
- CAS: This was beautiful. Thank you!
- Blinker: Awesome post.
- hope_for_things: This is excellently written, thank you Adam, this expresses in much more...
- gst: “Yeah, the Bible says a lot of stuff.” –Reverend Lovejoy.
Notes From All Over
- Mormons Around the World: Country Newsroom Websites | 20 October October 20, 2014
- Indianapolis Indiana Temple Topped With Angel Moroni Statue October 17, 2014
- Broadway Star Santino Fontana and ‘Sesame Street’ Muppets™ Headline Christmas Concerts October 16, 2014
- Apostle Speaks on 50th Commemoration of 1964 New York World’s Fair October 15, 2014
- 'Meet the Mormons' Pulls in Audiences Nationwide October 11, 2014
- Photo Essay: Prominent Figures Gather for the ‘Meet the Mormons’ Movie Premiere October 10, 2014