I think the most significant event in Mosiah 18-24 is the baptism of Alma and his followers in the Waters of Mormon. There we find the great description of the Baptismal covenant, in which those baptized …are willing to mourn with those that mourn; yea, and comfort those that stand in need of comfort, and to stand as witnesses of God at all times and in all things, and in all places… This event led me to a poem by Parley P. Pratt about Baptism, a hymn that seeks to encourage non-members to partake of the ordinance. Read more »
Times and Seasons is a place to gather and discuss ideas of interest to faithful Latter-day Saints.
- A sad Sunday
- Brad L: No it wasn’t worth your time, Ojiisan. My advice is if you choose to respond...
- Ojiisan: Brad L: Probably not worth my time but I’ll give it one more shot . 1....
- Brad L: Uchtdorf is purporting to make a statement of fact rather than a statement of his...
- Michelle: (There is a comment in moderation that had several links to a free book on...
- Michelle: Can I also just share a thought about the question re: universal salvation? In...
Notes From All Over
- Church, Governments and Humanitarian Partners Aid Refugees in Europe November 24, 2015
- Mormons Around the World Country Newsroom Websites November 24, 2015 November 24, 2015
- Faith Leaders Participate in Dedication of New Church Meetinghouse in Washington, D.C. November 23, 2015
- Montreal Quebec Temple Opens Following Rededication November 22, 2015
- Worldwide Mormon Leaders Cheryl Esplin and Neill Marriott Visit Women and Children in Asia November 20, 2015
- First Presidency Expresses Love, Support for French People November 14, 2015