I think the most significant event in Mosiah 18-24 is the baptism of Alma and his followers in the Waters of Mormon. There we find the great description of the Baptismal covenant, in which those baptized …are willing to mourn with those that mourn; yea, and comfort those that stand in need of comfort, and to stand as witnesses of God at all times and in all things, and in all places… This event led me to a poem by Parley P. Pratt about Baptism, a hymn that seeks to encourage non-members to partake of the ordinance. Read more »
Times and Seasons is a place to gather and discuss ideas of interest to faithful Latter-day Saints.
- New Testament Gospel Doctrine Lesson #5
- Regina Winewater: I have always loved the way that this woman wasn’t afraid to...
- Alison Moore Smith: That sounds like a great event. I would love to hear from those who...
- First dibs: And so as not to put two links in one comment, here is an article about the...
- First dibs: Since the question of Brazil came up, here’s a source that explains the...
Notes From All Over
- Construction of Rome Italy Temple to Resume at Normal Pace January 29, 2015
- Mormon Leaders Call for Laws That Protect Religious Freedom January 27, 2015
- BYU-Idaho's Board of Trustees Announces New President January 27, 2015
- Mormons Around the World: Country Newsroom Websites | Jan 23 January 23, 2015
- Catholic Archbishop Delivers Message on Religious Freedom at Brigham Young University January 23, 2015
- Reid L. Neilson Named Assistant Church Historian and Recorder January 23, 2015