I think the most significant event in Mosiah 18-24 is the baptism of Alma and his followers in the Waters of Mormon. There we find the great description of the Baptismal covenant, in which those baptized …are willing to mourn with those that mourn; yea, and comfort those that stand in need of comfort, and to stand as witnesses of God at all times and in all things, and in all places… This event led me to a poem by Parley P. Pratt about Baptism, a hymn that seeks to encourage non-members to partake of the ordinance. Read more »
Times and Seasons is a place to gather and discuss ideas of interest to faithful Latter-day Saints.
- Faithful priesthood narratives?
- Naismith: But the authoritative positions are ENTIRELY male. There are ZERO female...
- James Olsen: Jax – I hate the phrase “work smarter, not harder.” I...
- Jax: But even though these presiding authorities hold and exercise all of the keys...
Notes From All Over
Notes from All Over
- Mormon Tabernacle Choir and Santino Fontana Headline Pioneer Day Concerts July 20, 2014
- Groundbreaking Date Announced for Meridian Idaho Mormon Temple July 18, 2014
- Ogden Utah Temple Open House: Tickets Available 21 July July 17, 2014
- Mormonism in the News: Getting It Right | 15 July 2014 July 15, 2014
- Mormonism in Pictures: A Look at Members, Missionaries and Temples in Peru July 14, 2014
- Reports Show Alcohol’s Destructive Influence Worldwide July 9, 2014