I think the most significant event in Mosiah 18-24 is the baptism of Alma and his followers in the Waters of Mormon. There we find the great description of the Baptismal covenant, in which those baptized …are willing to mourn with those that mourn; yea, and comfort those that stand in need of comfort, and to stand as witnesses of God at all times and in all things, and in all places… This event led me to a poem by Parley P. Pratt about Baptism, a hymn that seeks to encourage non-members to partake of the ordinance. Read more »
Times and Seasons is a place to gather and discuss ideas of interest to faithful Latter-day Saints.
- Church Sticks with Boys
- mem: jcobabe–“…th ou hast elected us that we shall be saved,whilst all...
- mirrorrorrim: jcobabe, you’re being a bit silly, don’t you think? The vast...
- Bryan in VA: The correct wording should be “with equal concern for the substantial number...
Notes From All Over
- Church Creates Original Video Series on Addiction Recovery August 28, 2015
- Angel Moroni Lifted to the Top of the Fort Collins Colorado Temple August 27, 2015
- Church to Go Forward with Scouting Program August 26, 2015
- Mormonism in the News: Getting It Right | August 25, 2015 August 25, 2015
- First Latter-day Saint Temple in Indiana Dedicated August 23, 2015
- Frankfurt Germany Temple to Close for Renovation August 20, 2015