I think the most significant event in Mosiah 18-24 is the baptism of Alma and his followers in the Waters of Mormon. There we find the great description of the Baptismal covenant, in which those baptized …are willing to mourn with those that mourn; yea, and comfort those that stand in need of comfort, and to stand as witnesses of God at all times and in all things, and in all places… This event led me to a poem by Parley P. Pratt about Baptism, a hymn that seeks to encourage non-members to partake of the ordinance. Read more »
Times and Seasons is a place to gather and discuss ideas of interest to faithful Latter-day Saints.
- What to Expect When You Are Expecting . . . A Bishopric Call
- Steve Smith: What about the unknown knowns?
- Frank: It’s probably good to not read the scriptures because the church has moved...
- jader3rd: I find that General Conference talks tend to be mis-remembered more than...
Notes From All Over
Notes from All Over
- Women Auxiliary Leaders Provide Training in the Southeast September 16, 2014
- Mormonism Online: In Your Own Words | 15 September 2014 September 15, 2014
- Mormon Temples Currently Under Construction September 11, 2014
- Church Expands Online Resources to Help Individuals Overcome Pornography Addiction September 11, 2014
- Mormonism in the News: Getting It Right | 10 September 2014 September 10, 2014
- 13th BYU President Formally Installed September 9, 2014