While uncounted thousands of visual artists have contributed their skills to building Zion, the Fairbanks dynasty holds a special place in the world of Mormon art history: John B. Fairbanks (1855-1940) was one of the art missionaries sent to Paris by the Church, who came home to paint murals for the temples. His sons J. Leo (1878-1946) and Avard T. (1898-1987) have a catalog that must amount to a hundred or more Mormon-themed works: Read more »
Times and Seasons is a place to gather and discuss ideas of interest to faithful Latter-day Saints.
- New Polygamy Essays
- Steve Smith: @Cameron, to mention a few: God has a body of flesh and bones, people lived...
- Cameron N.: @Steve “The LDS leaders and members make strong claims to know all sorts...
- palerobber: Dave K wrote: Honey – “I think polygamy was a great thing because I am here...
Notes From All Over
- Difference and Dignity October 24, 2014
- Entertainer Donny Osmond to Speak at RootsTech 2015 October 23, 2014
- Church Updates Temple Garment Video October 22, 2014
- Young Women Leader Shares Message of Faith With Girl Scouts October 22, 2014
- Mormons Around the World: Country Newsroom Websites | 20 October October 20, 2014
- Indianapolis Indiana Temple Topped With Angel Moroni Statue October 17, 2014
Posts Tagged ‘ monuments ’
March 12, 2009 | no commentsBy Ardis E. Parshall