I’ve always felt quite ambivalent about Pioneer Day, although in recent years I’ve spent it in Utah rather frequently and am descended from the gentleman who proclaimed “this is the place.” In my case, I’m not only separated from the Mormon pioneers by more than 125 years, but also by 2,200 miles (I live in New York City). Read more »
Times and Seasons is a place to gather and discuss ideas of interest to faithful Latter-day Saints.
- A More Nuanced Approach to Scripture
- MTN: edit: I mean to say “separate authors rather than separate beings”
- MTN: For Cameron, I agree there should be a distinction between “literal...
- Steve Smith: There is only so much backing away from the literal interpretation of...
- Kent Larsen: You are correct! I’ve changed the text above to reflect the correct...
- M Buxton: Very nice, Kent. The penultimate line’s mention of kneeling at an alter...
- Walter van Beek: Good for you Tiger, to learn from the English. Thanks Ben for the...
Notes From All Over
Notes from All Over
- Reports Show Alcohol’s Destructive Influence Worldwide July 9, 2014
- Mormons Around the World: Country Newsroom Websites | 9 July July 9, 2014
- Church Expands Use of Digital Devices for Missionary Work July 2, 2014
- Apostle Throws Out the First Pitch at Dodgers Game July 1, 2014
- How and When Were the First Mormon Sister Missionaries Called? This Video Explains June 30, 2014
- Church Leaders' Message Addresses Doctrine, Questions June 28, 2014