Much of the Book of Alma covers Alma’s missionary efforts in the land of the Nephites, and in this week’s chapters, Alma 8-12, he meets and preaches with his principle missionary companion, Amulek. Unlike the experiences of the sons of Mosiah, Alma and Amulek’s experiences aren’t always successful in the end. Instead, they face many tribulations, have many who refuse to believe in what they teach, very similar to what our missionaries face today. Read more »
Times and Seasons is a place to gather and discuss ideas of interest to faithful Latter-day Saints.
- On Ben Carson’s Adventism, Creationism, and the BibleA sad Sunday
- Walter van Beek: I was absent from the blog for some time, going through the exciting and...
- nl: Brad L., you’re proving his point. Excommunication does not mean that someday...
- Raymond Swenson: The policy says the Church is not going to intrude itself between a child...
Notes From All Over
- Church, Governments and Humanitarian Partners Aid Refugees in Europe November 24, 2015
- Mormons Around the World Country Newsroom Websites November 24, 2015 November 24, 2015
- Faith Leaders Participate in Dedication of New Church Meetinghouse in Washington, D.C. November 23, 2015
- Montreal Quebec Temple Opens Following Rededication November 22, 2015
- Worldwide Mormon Leaders Cheryl Esplin and Neill Marriott Visit Women and Children in Asia November 20, 2015
- First Presidency Expresses Love, Support for French People November 14, 2015