Much of the Book of Alma covers Alma’s missionary efforts in the land of the Nephites, and in this week’s chapters, Alma 8-12, he meets and preaches with his principle missionary companion, Amulek. Unlike the experiences of the sons of Mosiah, Alma and Amulek’s experiences aren’t always successful in the end. Instead, they face many tribulations, have many who refuse to believe in what they teach, very similar to what our missionaries face today. Read more »
Times and Seasons is a place to gather and discuss ideas of interest to faithful Latter-day Saints.
- On Conflation; or, Throwing the Baby Out with the Bathwater in 1911
- BHodges: Great post, Ben. Looking forward to seeing your manuscript when it comes in!
- Dave: A full account of the 1911 controversy is available online as Chapter 3 of Sessions...
- Josh Smith: +1 Tim (#27). That’s my experience as well. Someone engaged in learning...
Notes From All Over
- Church to Monitor BSA Policy Discussion May 21, 2015
- Church Dedicates Córdoba Argentina Temple May 17, 2015
- Mormonism Online: In Your Own Words | 13 May 2015 May 13, 2015
- BYU–Hawaii's Board of Trustees Announces New President May 12, 2015
- Church Issues Update on Health of Leaders May 8, 2015
- Mormons Around the World Country Newsroom Websites May 8, 2015 May 8, 2015