Much of the Book of Alma covers Alma’s missionary efforts in the land of the Nephites, and in this week’s chapters, Alma 8-12, he meets and preaches with his principle missionary companion, Amulek. Unlike the experiences of the sons of Mosiah, Alma and Amulek’s experiences aren’t always successful in the end. Instead, they face many tribulations, have many who refuse to believe in what they teach, very similar to what our missionaries face today. Read more »
Times and Seasons is a place to gather and discuss ideas of interest to faithful Latter-day Saints.
- Mormons and Scouting: A Messy Divorce?My Theory of the Church’s Statement on the Change in BSA Policy
- Brian Rostron: Owen makes many sensible points.
- Owen: Perhaps this could be an opportunity for the church to adopt a more normal mode of...
- cinepro: How great would it be to have such willing volunteers for any BSA troop, LDS or...
Notes From All Over
- Mormons Around the World Country Newsroom Websites July 30, 2015 July 30, 2015
- MOTION GRAPHIC: Helping the Needy; It's a Hand Up July 29, 2015
- Church Re-evaluating Scouting Program July 27, 2015
- Mormonism in Pictures: Mormon Tabernacle Choir Expands Outreach July 23, 2015
- Mormon Tabernacle Choir Announces 2016 European Tour July 23, 2015
- MOTION GRAPHIC: LDS Charities Provides Wheelchairs Around the World July 20, 2015