Much of the Book of Alma covers Alma’s missionary efforts in the land of the Nephites, and in this week’s chapters, Alma 8-12, he meets and preaches with his principle missionary companion, Amulek. Unlike the experiences of the sons of Mosiah, Alma and Amulek’s experiences aren’t always successful in the end. Instead, they face many tribulations, have many who refuse to believe in what they teach, very similar to what our missionaries face today. Read more »
Times and Seasons is a place to gather and discuss ideas of interest to faithful Latter-day Saints.
- Terryl Givens on What It Means to Sustain
- Jeff walsh: Tea I never mentioned Africans, Moses 7:22 says of the seed of Cain were...
- Jack of Hearts: “If Brigham Young had made a mistake in 1852 would the Lord have...
- Téa: Jeff Walsh, the fact that you just used the phrase “the seed of Cain” to...
Notes From All Over
- Church Missionary Department Explains Approach to Zika Virus February 8, 2016
- Seven Cities Announced for 2016 Mormon Tabernacle Choir European Tour February 5, 2016
- Dieter F. Uchtdorf of Church’s First Presidency Recounts Childhood Refugee Ordeal February 4, 2016
- World's Largest Family History Event Held in Utah February 2, 2016
- The Virtuous Cycle of Dialogue February 1, 2016
- Mormon Tabernacles — Religious and Community Edifices January 27, 2016