I made a mistake. The week before conference the LDS Church Growth blog, analyzing a Church news release, projected that the number of missionaries serving could pass 100,000 by the end of 2013 or early 2014. When the news appeared in a facbook group I follow, I thought it seemed overly optimistic. I realized soon after the announcement last October that we would have a surge in missionaries, as 18-year-olds joined the 19 and 20-year-old Elders serving, and as 19 and 20-year-old Sisters joined the 21 and 22-year-old Sisters serving. So, I though, the number of missionaries will jump... Read more »
Times and Seasons is a place to gather and discuss ideas of interest to faithful Latter-day Saints.
- New Testament Gospel Doctrine Lesson #5
- Walter van Beek: Indeed, Mary Ann. the Samaritans ARE of the House of Israël, and the...
- Mary Ann: Terry, Samaritans considered themselves members of the House of Israel through...
- John KL: Well, all I was going to say was… “devolved?” I thought it was...
- Steve Smith: I think this all goes back to Gina’s comment (#7), in which she states...
- Dave: Thanks for the comments, everyone. Not sure how this devolved into a discussion of...
Notes From All Over
- Mormon Leaders Call for Laws That Protect Religious Freedom January 27, 2015
- Reid L. Neilson Named Assistant Church Historian and Recorder January 23, 2015
- Mormons Around the World: Country Newsroom Websites | Jan 23 January 23, 2015
- Catholic Archbishop Delivers Message on Religious Freedom at Brigham Young University January 23, 2015
- Mormonism Online: In Your Own Words | 22 January 2015 January 22, 2015
- Mormonism In the News: Getting It Right | January 22, 2015 January 22, 2015
Posts Tagged ‘ missionary bump ’
April 26, 2013 | 44 commentsBy Kent Larsen