Can you remember everyone who has made the news during the past year? Neither can I. As a result, when we get input each December about who should be “Mormon of the Year,” there is, I think, a bias towards recent events. If a Mormon showed up in the news during the last quarter of the year, that person is remembered. But if the person made the news only during the first quarter, no one remembers them. So what should we do? Read more »
Times and Seasons is a place to gather and discuss ideas of interest to faithful Latter-day Saints.
- On Not Reading the Book of Mormon
- Owen: I think this tells us a ton about the origins of scripture, particularly the bible....
- EFF: I’m currently reading the Book of Mormon right now. It’s almost as good...
- lemuel: Reminds me of Daymon Smith’s discussion about text and metatext in the...
- Jared vdH: It’s Dutch actually. My father and grandparents emigrated to the US in...
- Chris Kimball: “called to a new bishopric” elides an important distinction....
Notes From All Over
Notes from All Over
- Women Auxiliary Leaders Provide Training in the Southeast September 16, 2014
- Mormonism Online: In Your Own Words | 15 September 2014 September 15, 2014
- Mormon Temples Currently Under Construction September 11, 2014
- Church Expands Online Resources to Help Individuals Overcome Pornography Addiction September 11, 2014
- Mormonism in the News: Getting It Right | 10 September 2014 September 10, 2014
- 13th BYU President Formally Installed September 9, 2014