As most readers here no doubt know, Mormon academic and author Stephen R. Covey died earlier this week. Covey was best known for his highly popular self-help book, The Seven Habits of Highly Effective People, which earned him fame and fortune, as well as some detractors. His death, together with the fact that my bookclub is currently reading Viktor Frankl’s influential book Man’s Search for Meaning and that I came across an old conference talk drawn from a self-help book, led me to ponder a bit about Covey’s influence and self-help books in general and the influence that... Read more »
Times and Seasons is a place to gather and discuss ideas of interest to faithful Latter-day Saints.
- A More Nuanced Approach to Scripture
- MTN: edit: I mean to say “separate authors rather than separate beings”
- MTN: For Cameron, I agree there should be a distinction between “literal...
- Steve Smith: There is only so much backing away from the literal interpretation of...
- Kent Larsen: You are correct! I’ve changed the text above to reflect the correct...
- M Buxton: Very nice, Kent. The penultimate line’s mention of kneeling at an alter...
- Walter van Beek: Good for you Tiger, to learn from the English. Thanks Ben for the...
Notes From All Over
Notes from All Over
- Reports Show Alcohol’s Destructive Influence Worldwide July 9, 2014
- Mormons Around the World: Country Newsroom Websites | 9 July July 9, 2014
- Church Expands Use of Digital Devices for Missionary Work July 2, 2014
- Apostle Throws Out the First Pitch at Dodgers Game July 1, 2014
- How and When Were the First Mormon Sister Missionaries Called? This Video Explains June 30, 2014
- Church Leaders' Message Addresses Doctrine, Questions June 28, 2014