As most readers here no doubt know, Mormon academic and author Stephen R. Covey died earlier this week. Covey was best known for his highly popular self-help book, The Seven Habits of Highly Effective People, which earned him fame and fortune, as well as some detractors. His death, together with the fact that my bookclub is currently reading Viktor Frankl’s influential book Man’s Search for Meaning and that I came across an old conference talk drawn from a self-help book, led me to ponder a bit about Covey’s influence and self-help books in general and the influence that... Read more »
Times and Seasons is a place to gather and discuss ideas of interest to faithful Latter-day Saints.
- C.S. Lewis on Inspired Adaptation and MythThe Perversity of Orthodoxy
- el oso: Jared, I think that they will preach “wo unto this great city of [Salt...
- FarSide: “But for those on winding trails, wouldn’t it be comforting to know that...
- Brad L: Great post, Wilfried. I suspect that Brother P is concerned with 1) a rising trend...
Notes From All Over
- BYU to Host Religious Freedom Conference in July July 1, 2015
- Church Leaders Counsel Members After Supreme Court Same-Sex Marriage Decision June 30, 2015
- MOTION GRAPHIC: LDS Charities Helps Provide Immunizations Around the World June 29, 2015
- Supreme Court Decision Will Not Alter Doctrine on Marriage June 26, 2015
- Mormons Around the World Country Newsroom Websites June 25, 2015 June 25, 2015
- Journalist Notes Similarities on Environmental Stewardship Between Faiths June 23, 2015