A review of The Last Natural: Bryce Harper’s Big Gamble in Sin City and the Greatest Amateur Season Ever by Rob Miech. Thomas Dunne Books/St. Martin’s Press, 2012. 356 p. Review copy courtesy of the publisher. The title ‘The Last Natural‘ packs a lot of meaning and connotation into a few words. While ‘natural’ clearly refers to the inherent talent that Bryce Harper seems to have, there are a few other connotations, at least in baseball. Since Harper arrives at what might be considered the end of the “steroid era,” it could be a kind of pessimistic reference to... Read more »
Times and Seasons is a place to gather and discuss ideas of interest to faithful Latter-day Saints.
- Review: For the Cause of Righteousness: A Global History of Blacks and Mormonism, 1830-2013
- Jack P: Dave: can a book that has “almost no commentary or criticism from the...
- Dave: PW, you are right that the temple exclusion part of the policy is often glossed...
- The PangWitch: why do we insist on talking about “blacks and the priesthood?”...
- Naismith: I have not been able to get the link to work on a variety of browsers and...
- Adam G.: That was a pretty thoughtful take. I don’t know if it adds up to any...
Notes From All Over
- Mormons Practice 100 Years of Family Home Evening April 21, 2015
- Payson Utah Temple Opens Doors to the Public April 21, 2015
- Mormons Around the World Country Newsroom Websites April 20, 2015 April 20, 2015
- New Mormon Institute of Religion Building Dedicated on Arizona Campus April 20, 2015
- Public Invited to Tour Córdoba Argentina Temple April 14, 2015
- Mormonism in the News: Getting It Right | April 14, 2015 April 14, 2015