The District of Utah has had a busy week. As I'm sure you heard (and if you haven't, you ought to read Kaimi's post first), Utah's ban on same-sex marriage has been struck down as unconstitutional. A week ago, in the wake of the decision that didn't actually legalize polygamy, I looked at the potential tax consequences of that decision and, fairly anti-climatically, determined that there were none. Plenty of electrons will be spilled going over this decision but, again, I suspect that the tax consequences will be underexplored. Read more »
Times and Seasons is a place to gather and discuss ideas of interest to faithful Latter-day Saints.
- “A New Affirmation on Marriage”: A sneer at the Mormon Church?
- Wilfried: I close the thread here. Thanks all for participating.
- Jax: Steve, you maybe disputed the points made earlier but you certainly didn’t...
- Steve Smith: DQ, 1) so there is no one who ever feels pressured into holding a wedding at...
Notes From All Over
- Historic Vatican Summit on Strengthening Marriage Concludes November 19, 2014
- At Vatican Summit, Mormon Leader Calls for “Renaissance” of Happy Marriages November 18, 2014
- Church Moves Forward With Expansion Plans for Provo MTC November 18, 2014
- 'Glorious’ Video Compilation Features Singers Around the World November 18, 2014
- Vatican Summit: Global Faith Leaders Discuss Marriage November 17, 2014
- PHOTO: Pope Francis Greets President Eyring November 17, 2014