While the marriage practiced in the Church and taught in chapter 15 of the Joseph Fielding Smith manual is different than that taught and practiced outside of the Temple and the Church, still the underlying commitment to marriage and many of the promises made are very similar. Even after the Church under Joseph Smith introduced celestial marriage in the 1840s, the protestant views of marriage common in the U.S. still resonated for Mormons (as they do today) In fact, the following non-Mormon poem about marriage was published in the Nauvoo Mormon newspaper The Wasp on the last day of... Read more »
Times and Seasons is a place to gather and discuss ideas of interest to faithful Latter-day Saints.
- 4 o’clockThe Body of Christ
- hope_for_things: This is excellently written, thank you Adam, this expresses in much more...
- gst: “Yeah, the Bible says a lot of stuff.” –Reverend Lovejoy.
Notes From All Over
- Indianapolis Indiana Temple Topped With Angel Moroni Statue October 17, 2014
- Broadway Star Santino Fontana and ‘Sesame Street’ Muppets™ Headline Christmas Concerts October 16, 2014
- Apostle Speaks on 50th Commemoration of 1964 New York World’s Fair October 15, 2014
- 'Meet the Mormons' Pulls in Audiences Nationwide October 11, 2014
- Photo Essay: Prominent Figures Gather for the ‘Meet the Mormons’ Movie Premiere October 10, 2014
- Church Partners With Other Faith Communities in “Faith Counts” Initiative October 10, 2014
Posts Tagged ‘ Marriage Advice ’
July 8, 2014 | 6 commentsBy Kent Larsen