As most readers here no doubt know, Mormon academic and author Stephen R. Covey died earlier this week. Covey was best known for his highly popular self-help book, The Seven Habits of Highly Effective People, which earned him fame and fortune, as well as some detractors. His death, together with the fact that my bookclub is currently reading Viktor Frankl’s influential book Man’s Search for Meaning and that I came across an old conference talk drawn from a self-help book, led me to ponder a bit about Covey’s influence and self-help books in general and the influence that... Read more »
Times and Seasons is a place to gather and discuss ideas of interest to faithful Latter-day Saints.
- Revisiting President Packer on “Scientific Neglect” and MeetingsA Letter From Salt Lake City
- jeff hoyt: Josh; The Oregon baker case is instructive on many levels. The owners were not...
- Josh Smith: Jeff, I appreciate the example of the Oregon bakers. It’s concrete. It...
- jeff hoyt: Josh – I only see one way to frame it.
Notes From All Over
- VIDEO: Mormon Tabernacle Choir Performs Fourth of July Concert at West Point July 5, 2015
- Funeral Services Scheduled for President Boyd K. Packer July 4, 2015
- VIDEO: Mormon Tabernacle Choir Sings at Yankee Stadium on East Coast Tour July 4, 2015
- President Boyd K. Packer Dies At Age 90 July 3, 2015
- VIDEO: Mormon Tabernacle Choir Draws Large Crowds During East Coast Tour July 2, 2015
- Missionaries Serving in Some Missions No Longer Required to Wear Suit Coats July 2, 2015