As most readers here no doubt know, Mormon academic and author Stephen R. Covey died earlier this week. Covey was best known for his highly popular self-help book, The Seven Habits of Highly Effective People, which earned him fame and fortune, as well as some detractors. His death, together with the fact that my bookclub is currently reading Viktor Frankl’s influential book Man’s Search for Meaning and that I came across an old conference talk drawn from a self-help book, led me to ponder a bit about Covey’s influence and self-help books in general and the influence that... Read more »
Times and Seasons is a place to gather and discuss ideas of interest to faithful Latter-day Saints.
- On Ben Carson’s Adventism, Creationism, and the Bible
- Raymond Takashi Swenson: D&C 77 is not talking about the length of time involved in...
- mirrorrorrim: No need to convince me: I’m not a believer in the earth only being...
- Ben S.: “Reading it naturally” often means without context. I agree that...
- Raymond Takashi Swenson: So the angst over the Church policy on children of homosexual...
Notes From All Over
- Church Launches ‘A Savior Is Born’ Christmas Initiative November 29, 2015
- Church, Governments and Humanitarian Partners Aid Refugees in Europe November 24, 2015
- Mormons Around the World Country Newsroom Websites November 24, 2015 November 24, 2015
- Faith Leaders Participate in Dedication of New Church Meetinghouse in Washington, D.C. November 23, 2015
- Montreal Quebec Temple Opens Following Rededication November 22, 2015
- Worldwide Mormon Leaders Cheryl Esplin and Neill Marriott Visit Women and Children in Asia November 20, 2015