As most readers here no doubt know, Mormon academic and author Stephen R. Covey died earlier this week. Covey was best known for his highly popular self-help book, The Seven Habits of Highly Effective People, which earned him fame and fortune, as well as some detractors. His death, together with the fact that my bookclub is currently reading Viktor Frankl’s influential book Man’s Search for Meaning and that I came across an old conference talk drawn from a self-help book, led me to ponder a bit about Covey’s influence and self-help books in general and the influence that... Read more »
Times and Seasons is a place to gather and discuss ideas of interest to faithful Latter-day Saints.
- Terryl Givens on What It Means to Sustain
- Jeff walsh: I feel I must disabuse the minds of those who seem to assume that my comments...
- Scott Roskelley: Brigham does not propose a method on how to implement 107:27, which...
- Scott Roskelley: For me sustaining the prophets brings to mind President Monson holding...
- Ben S.: I await the authoritative memes.
- Last Lemming: Make your naming suggestions in the comments. Under the Bushel
Notes From All Over
- Mormons Around the World Country Newsroom Websites February 11, 2016 February 11, 2016
- Church Missionary Department Explains Approach to Zika Virus February 8, 2016
- Seven Cities Announced for 2016 Mormon Tabernacle Choir European Tour February 5, 2016
- Dieter F. Uchtdorf of Church’s First Presidency Recounts Childhood Refugee Ordeal February 4, 2016
- World's Largest Family History Event Held in Utah February 2, 2016
- The Virtuous Cycle of Dialogue February 1, 2016