While ‘strengthening the family’ might seem like code for a political position these days (please, no politics on this post), lesson 4 in the Joseph Fielding Smith lesson manual seems to boil the idea down to the ways in which we live together. The lesson says stronger families come from “spending time together, loving each other, and living the gospel together.” In most of our poetry, this is something assumed—background to another message the poet is trying to communicate. So in the following poem the ideas behind strengthening the family are part of another message, celebrating those who have... Read more »
Times and Seasons is a place to gather and discuss ideas of interest to faithful Latter-day Saints.
- Faithful priesthood narratives?
- Alison Moore Smith: Jax: But since that is “divinely decreed,” do those of you who feel...
- Alison Moore Smith: ji: Jesus Christ is your model, and mine, and everyone else’s. He is...
- Alison Moore Smith: Jax: If my last post adressing Alison was taken as argumentative, then...
- Jax: Ceejay, I thought you were suggesting “that President Uchtdorf’s talk means...
- ceejay: Jax, allow me to clarify. My comment is in response to your comment (July 21, 2014...
- Rachel Whipple: Thank you, Walter.
Notes From All Over
Notes from All Over
- Mormonism in the News: Getting It Right | 23 July 2014 July 23, 2014
- FamilySearch Volunteers Break International Indexing Record July 23, 2014
- Mormon Youth in Utah Host Special Needs Pioneer Trek July 22, 2014
- Mormon Tabernacle Choir and Santino Fontana Headline Pioneer Day Concerts July 20, 2014
- Groundbreaking Date Announced for Meridian Idaho Mormon Temple July 18, 2014
- Ogden Utah Temple Open House: Tickets Available 21 July July 17, 2014