Newton, Marjorie. Tiki and Temple: The Mormon Mission in New Zealand, 1854–1958. Draper, UT: Greg Kofford Books, 2012. Paperback. 343 pages. ISBN: 978-1-58958-1210. $ 29.95. Former Speaker of the U. S. House of Representatives, “Tip” O’Neill, is well known for saying All politics is local. By that he meant that voters choose who they support based on how it effects them locally, instead of on major national ideological issues. While how true this is may be debatable (don’t here, its off topic), I think it extends to history also. All history is local. Read more »
Times and Seasons is a place to gather and discuss ideas of interest to faithful Latter-day Saints.
- The Three Neophytes
- Eponymous: Don, if you look at the health and age of the most senior members of the Quorum...
- Don: I was sitting next to the only black member of our High Priest Quorum several years...
- christiankimball: Julie Smith: Great post. Makes me want to seek out your work....
Notes From All Over
- Mormonism Online: In Your Own Words | October 5, 2015 October 5, 2015
- Three Named to the Quorum of the Twelve Apostles October 3, 2015
- Coverage and News Media Resources from the 185th Semiannual General Conference October 3, 2015
- Photos of the Speakers From the 185th Semiannual General Conference October 3, 2015
- The World Report October 3, 2015
- Mormon Temples Currently Under Construction October 2, 2015
Posts Tagged ‘ LDS missions ’
March 23, 2012 | 16 commentsBy Kent Larsen