Newton, Marjorie. Tiki and Temple: The Mormon Mission in New Zealand, 1854–1958. Draper, UT: Greg Kofford Books, 2012. Paperback. 343 pages. ISBN: 978-1-58958-1210. $ 29.95. Former Speaker of the U. S. House of Representatives, “Tip” O’Neill, is well known for saying All politics is local. By that he meant that voters choose who they support based on how it effects them locally, instead of on major national ideological issues. While how true this is may be debatable (don’t here, its off topic), I think it extends to history also. All history is local. Read more »
Times and Seasons is a place to gather and discuss ideas of interest to faithful Latter-day Saints.
- SMPT Teaser: A Close Reading of Alma 32
- Terry H: Ryan. Another place to look for this is Jack Welch’s article on Melchizedek...
- Ryan Bell: Ben, your analysis might benefit from a review of Alma’s other sermons...
- WalkerW: While this is for the Greek ‘makarios’ (blessed), it might be worth...
- Tom: Gerrit Gong replaces Elder Rasband in the Presidency of the Seventy. Elder Gong is a...
- Alison Moore Smith: Consider that these calls can be inspired and can reflect some...
Notes From All Over
- Leadership Changes in Presidency of the Seventy Announced October 6, 2015
- Mormonism Online: In Your Own Words | October 5, 2015 October 5, 2015
- Photos of the Speakers From the 185th Semiannual General Conference October 3, 2015
- Coverage and News Media Resources from the 185th Semiannual General Conference October 3, 2015
- Three Named to the Quorum of the Twelve Apostles October 3, 2015
- The World Report October 3, 2015
Posts Tagged ‘ LDS educational instutitions ’
March 23, 2012 | 16 commentsBy Kent Larsen