Laura Liona Rees was born in Brigham City, Utah, in 1876, to LDS parents (her father had emigrated as a convert from England; her mother was born at Council Bluffs). With only an eighth grade, district school education, she studied for and passed the test to be licensed as a grade school teacher. Then she became one of the first women to attend Utah State Agricultural College (now Utah State University) at Logan. Read more »
Times and Seasons is a place to gather and discuss ideas of interest to faithful Latter-day Saints.
- Book Review: A Song for Issy Bradley by Carys Bray
- Matt W.: Julie: For the record, If a Woman’s First Husband dies, she can marry a...
- Julie M. Smith: Hala, one of the fastest ways to be excommunicated from the Church of...
- Hala: I’ve known that polygamy still goes on within the SLC church for some time, as...
- Cameron N: Agreed J Town. Perhaps what Elder Bednar would have us know is that we...
- J Town: Cameron, A very rational response. Social media is not exactly chock full of...
Notes From All Over
Notes from All Over
- Apostle Calls for Uplifting Social Media Messages to Sweep the Earth August 19, 2014
- Mormonism in Pictures: What Do Mormon Teens Do? August 14, 2014
- Mormonism in the News: Getting It Right | 13 August 2014 August 13, 2014
- “This Is a Woman’s Church,” Says Director of Humanitarian Services and LDS Charities August 12, 2014
- Missionary Work: Experiences Shape the Future August 11, 2014
- Public Invited to Tour the Phoenix Arizona Temple August 7, 2014