Laura Liona Rees was born in Brigham City, Utah, in 1876, to LDS parents (her father had emigrated as a convert from England; her mother was born at Council Bluffs). With only an eighth grade, district school education, she studied for and passed the test to be licensed as a grade school teacher. Then she became one of the first women to attend Utah State Agricultural College (now Utah State University) at Logan. Read more »
Times and Seasons is a place to gather and discuss ideas of interest to faithful Latter-day Saints.
- Seafloor Spreading, or Why I’m Mormon
- Clark Goble: Nice metaphor Adam.
- ji: Marsha, The principle is true for all believers in the God of Abraham, Isaac, and...
- Trevor Price: You’re fun to read, Adam. Very thoughtful.
Notes From All Over
- Mormon Tabernacle Choir Inducted Into the American Classical Music Hall of Fame February 27, 2015
- Mormons Around the World Country Newsroom Websites February 27, 2015 February 27, 2015
- Faith, Family and Religious Freedom Subject of Apostle's Speech at California University February 26, 2015
- Groundbreaking Planned for First Wyoming Temple February 25, 2015
- Senior Missionaries Answer Call to Serve February 20, 2015
- Mormonism Online: In Your Own Words | 19 February 2015 February 19, 2015