The first Institute class held in our upper Manhattan apartment in 1988 explored Mormon philosophy and intellectual life. The readings included a 1969 Dialogue article by Leonard Arrington, “The Intellectual Tradition of the Latter-day Saints,” (pdf) which mentioned a questionnaire Arrington had sent to 50 Mormon intellectuals asking them to list the five most eminent intellectuals in Mormon History. I was then surprised to find Parley P. Pratt on that list. Read more »
- New Polygamy Essays
- Josh Smith: ” I just appreciate their sacrifices in crossing the plains, starving in...
- honey: Personally love haylofts, not rape! Just saying many of us love our lives and are...
- Dave K: Honey – “I think polygamy was a great thing because I am here because...
- Rosalynde: I know exactly what you mean about the pure, pleasurable absorption of a...
- Tricia Galer: Kylie! A beautiful post. You are a lovely wordsmith.
Notes From All Over
- Young Women Leader Shares Message of Faith With Girl Scouts October 22, 2014
- Church Updates Temple Garment Video October 22, 2014
- Mormons Around the World: Country Newsroom Websites | 20 October October 20, 2014
- Indianapolis Indiana Temple Topped With Angel Moroni Statue October 17, 2014
- Broadway Star Santino Fontana and ‘Sesame Street’ Muppets™ Headline Christmas Concerts October 16, 2014
- Apostle Speaks on 50th Commemoration of 1964 New York World’s Fair October 15, 2014
Posts Tagged ‘ Language ’
Following each General Conference I prepare a list of “Conference Books”—the works cited by speakers in the printed version of their talks. The list is always fascinating. But this time I noticed something that led me to rethink one aspect of the Church’s manuals: availability. Read more »