Over at Keepaptichinin, Amy Tanner Theriot has a wonderful post talking about family associations, and providing some guidelines for how to put together a successful association. In the post, she mentions that family associations can qualify as 501(c)(3) tax-exempt entities. At the mention of Code sections (and revenue rulings!), my ears perk up, and I thought I'd give a little more information about the tax side of such organizations. But before you read my post, you need to read Amy's. Because everything I know about family associations I learned reading her post, then doing a little Westlaw research. Because... Read more »
Times and Seasons is a place to gather and discuss ideas of interest to faithful Latter-day Saints.
- I was a stranger, and ye took me in
- Jax: Again, wreddyornot, I have no problem with the compassion/charity taking place. I...
- wreddyornot: Jax, thanks for sharing your mission experience and essentially making the...
- Jax: Brian, Your asking for a personal experience that relates to an...
- Ryan: Sorry for the Typos. Here is an example of a LDS centric scholarship at the UofU...
- rl: I’m not sure the Church wants to totally replace effective US systems that...
Notes From All Over
Notes from All Over
- Mormons Around the World: Country Newsroom Websites | 1 August August 1, 2014
- Missionaries Serving in Two African Nations are Re-Assigned August 1, 2014
- Public Invited to Tour Newly Remodeled Ogden Utah Temple July 29, 2014
- Mormonism in the News: Getting It Right | 23 July 2014 July 23, 2014
- FamilySearch Volunteers Break International Indexing Record July 23, 2014
- Mormon Youth in Utah Host Special Needs Pioneer Trek July 22, 2014