Over at Keepaptichinin, Amy Tanner Theriot has a wonderful post talking about family associations, and providing some guidelines for how to put together a successful association. In the post, she mentions that family associations can qualify as 501(c)(3) tax-exempt entities. At the mention of Code sections (and revenue rulings!), my ears perk up, and I thought I'd give a little more information about the tax side of such organizations. But before you read my post, you need to read Amy's. Because everything I know about family associations I learned reading her post, then doing a little Westlaw research. Because... Read more »
Times and Seasons is a place to gather and discuss ideas of interest to faithful Latter-day Saints.
- Taking Control of Your Gospel Doctrine Class… Because You’re the Teacher
- J Town: I agree that not enough people read to prepare for lessons. To my shame, I’m...
- Steve Smith: If only all OT teachers were Ben S. While the OT is a fascinating book to...
- Kevin Winters: The issue is not “talking politics”, but how we talk politics....
- Jared vdH: One question I would like to see explored in a Church setting: do we as Mormons...
Notes From All Over
- Two Temples Scheduled for Renovation in Germany and Idaho December 16, 2014
- Church Marks Centennial of World War I Christmas Truce December 16, 2014
- Laura Bush and Daughter Jenna to Keynote RootsTech 2015 December 12, 2014
- New Temples To Open in 2015 December 12, 2014
- Mormon Temples Currently Under Construction December 12, 2014
- Artist Santino Fontana, ‘Sesame Street’ Muppets™ Bring Holiday Spirit to Christmas Concert December 12, 2014