When I was a youth (pre-1978), a magazine article about the Church hit the newsstands in Washington D.C., and we, local members, were ecstatic with what we considered great coverage of the Church. So I was very surprised at the negative reaction of the missionaries in our ward. It seems that the article had a few negative things to say that we thought were minor (and accurate), and the missionaries felt were major derogatory statements that put the Church in a bad light. While the situation isn’t the same, I read a similar reaction yesterday, objecting to the mention... Read more »
Times and Seasons is a place to gather and discuss ideas of interest to faithful Latter-day Saints.
- On Ben Carson’s Adventism, Creationism, and the Bible
- mirrorrorrim: No need to convince me: I’m not a believer in the earth only being...
- Ben S.: “Reading it naturally” often means without context. I agree that...
- mirrorrorrim: Ben S., Joseph Fielding Smith had good reason: Doctrine and Covenants 77:6:...
Notes From All Over
- Church, Governments and Humanitarian Partners Aid Refugees in Europe November 24, 2015
- Mormons Around the World Country Newsroom Websites November 24, 2015 November 24, 2015
- Faith Leaders Participate in Dedication of New Church Meetinghouse in Washington, D.C. November 23, 2015
- Montreal Quebec Temple Opens Following Rededication November 22, 2015
- Worldwide Mormon Leaders Cheryl Esplin and Neill Marriott Visit Women and Children in Asia November 20, 2015
- First Presidency Expresses Love, Support for French People November 14, 2015
Posts Tagged ‘ journalistic ethics ’
May 3, 2009 | 48 commentsBy Kent Larsen