When I was a youth (pre-1978), a magazine article about the Church hit the newsstands in Washington D.C., and we, local members, were ecstatic with what we considered great coverage of the Church. So I was very surprised at the negative reaction of the missionaries in our ward. It seems that the article had a few negative things to say that we thought were minor (and accurate), and the missionaries felt were major derogatory statements that put the Church in a bad light. While the situation isn’t the same, I read a similar reaction yesterday, objecting to the mention... Read more »
Times and Seasons is a place to gather and discuss ideas of interest to faithful Latter-day Saints.
- When to Disobey
- Jonathan Cavender: Josh: You are not getting annoying, I assure you. However, I believe...
- Josh Smith: Johnathan: We’re getting somewhere. “When to disobey?” (#91)...
- Jonathan Cavender: Sue: I genuinely wish you the best. God loves you and you are his...
- Amy T: What wise comments from your son. So very sorry to hear about your cousin....
- Kylie Turley: I should let you know that my aunt has read this post. She has been finding...
Notes From All Over
- Mormons Around the World: Country Newsroom Websites | November 26 November 26, 2014
- Mormonism Online: In Your Own Words | 26 November 2014 November 26, 2014
- Mormons Join Christians Around the World to Celebrate the Bible November 25, 2014
- The Voice of Religious Conscience November 25, 2014
- Church to Send Email Messages to Members Worldwide November 25, 2014
- Violin Phenom Lindsey Stirling to Live Chat Online with Mormon Youth November 24, 2014
Posts Tagged ‘ journalistic ethics ’
May 3, 2009 | 48 commentsBy Kent Larsen