Meet Joseph Wafula Sitati, introduced today as a new member of the First Quorum of the Seventy. He is the first African General Authority and only the second black General Authority (the first being Helvécio Martins, a Brazilian who served five years in the Second Quorum of the Seventy from 1990 to 1995). (Joseph and Gladys Sitati) Read more »
- The Running Missionary
- Clark Goble: Wilfried, well at one time we didn’t send kids. Personally given the...
- Wilfried: Clark (11), I agree that to a certain extent the missionaries are still “kids,”...
- Clark Goble: I made a few other longer comments at my blog. I think the key issue is risk....
- Clark Goble: I think there’s much to be said to the economics of inquiry. (I have a...
Notes From All Over
- Utah Lawmakers Introduce Bill Balancing Religious Freedom and Nondiscrimination Protections March 4, 2015
- Women Church Leaders Visit Faith-Based Relief Agency in Texas March 3, 2015
- Mormonism Online: In Your Own Words | 4 March 2015 March 3, 2015
- Mormon Tabernacle Choir to Perform at Yankee Stadium March 2, 2015
- Church Dedicates Pasta and Mill Plant in Northern Utah March 2, 2015
- Mormons Around the World Country Newsroom Websites February 27, 2015 February 27, 2015
Posts Tagged ‘ Joseph Wafula Sitati ’
Since we’re not doing open threads during the sessions of conference, we’re trying to start comment threads at the end of the session, so that once you have heard and thought a little about the entire session and the individual talks. So take your notes during the sessions, and let us know after the session is over. Here’s a few thoughts on Saturday Afternoon’s session of conference. I’d welcome your thoughts also. Read more »