Much of the Book of Alma covers Alma’s missionary efforts in the land of the Nephites, and in this week’s chapters, Alma 8-12, he meets and preaches with his principle missionary companion, Amulek. Unlike the experiences of the sons of Mosiah, Alma and Amulek’s experiences aren’t always successful in the end. Instead, they face many tribulations, have many who refuse to believe in what they teach, very similar to what our missionaries face today. Read more »
Times and Seasons is a place to gather and discuss ideas of interest to faithful Latter-day Saints.
- Polygamy: DemiseReview: For the Cause of Righteousness: A Global History of Blacks and Mormonism, 1830-2013
- JMS: Can anyone comment on how this book covers territory similar to or different from...
- Russell: Jack: For my part, it’s more representative of my personal writing DNA. I...
- Dave: Jack P — there was commentary/criticism in the narrower sense introducing and...
- Julie M. Smith: Thanks, stephenchardy
- stephenchardy: Every week I enjoy having my world turned upside-down a bit with Julie...
Notes From All Over
- Mormons Practice 100 Years of Family Home Evening April 21, 2015
- Payson Utah Temple Opens Doors to the Public April 21, 2015
- Mormons Around the World Country Newsroom Websites April 20, 2015 April 20, 2015
- New Mormon Institute of Religion Building Dedicated on Arizona Campus April 20, 2015
- Public Invited to Tour Córdoba Argentina Temple April 14, 2015
- Mormonism in the News: Getting It Right | April 14, 2015 April 14, 2015