Lehi’s final counsel in the Book of Mormon is to his son Joseph makes an interesting literary link between Joseph in Egypt, Joseph the son of Lehi and Joseph Smith, Jr. But, LDS authors have largely ignored this link, especially before 1900, when any mention of Joseph was usually a reference to Joseph Smith, Jr. But I did manage to find an exception in Orson F. Whitney’s epic, Elias. As far as I can tell, other than general righteousness, the only real link between these three is that they happen to have the same name. Their histories aren’t really... Read more »
Times and Seasons is a place to gather and discuss ideas of interest to faithful Latter-day Saints.
- 2015 Gen Conf–Sunday Afternoon
- Rob Perkins: I was encouraged by Elder Bednar’s talk. I felt a real affinity for him...
- Jax: I wonder if anyone who was complained that the church is led by old men will feel...
- Brian Rostron: Yes, diversity of opinion is troublesome.
Notes From All Over
- Three Named to the Quorum of the Twelve Apostles October 3, 2015
- Coverage and News Media Resources from the 185th Semiannual General Conference October 3, 2015
- The World Report October 3, 2015
- Photos of the Speakers From the 185th Semiannual General Conference October 3, 2015
- Mormon Temples Currently Under Construction October 2, 2015
- Children’s Handprints Displayed on Temple Square October 1, 2015