Lehi’s final counsel in the Book of Mormon is to his son Joseph makes an interesting literary link between Joseph in Egypt, Joseph the son of Lehi and Joseph Smith, Jr. But, LDS authors have largely ignored this link, especially before 1900, when any mention of Joseph was usually a reference to Joseph Smith, Jr. But I did manage to find an exception in Orson F. Whitney’s epic, Elias. As far as I can tell, other than general righteousness, the only real link between these three is that they happen to have the same name. Their histories aren’t really... Read more »
Times and Seasons is a place to gather and discuss ideas of interest to faithful Latter-day Saints.
- A Letter From Salt Lake City
- Tim: “What terms of condemnation are acceptable when talking about...
- Perplexed: This whole thing strikes me as the Church joining in with the other right-wing...
- Brad L: Comment 39 contains the tone and language that I would imagine we will be hearing...
Notes From All Over
- Missionaries Serving in Some Missions No Longer Required to Wear Suit Coats July 2, 2015
- BYU to Host Religious Freedom Conference in July July 1, 2015
- Episcopalian Convention Includes Hands-On Interfaith Service Project at Welfare Square July 1, 2015
- Church Leaders Call for Better Observance of Sabbath Day June 30, 2015
- Church Leaders Counsel Members After Supreme Court Same-Sex Marriage Decision June 30, 2015
- MOTION GRAPHIC: LDS Charities Helps Provide Immunizations Around the World June 29, 2015