Lehi’s final counsel in the Book of Mormon is to his son Joseph makes an interesting literary link between Joseph in Egypt, Joseph the son of Lehi and Joseph Smith, Jr. But, LDS authors have largely ignored this link, especially before 1900, when any mention of Joseph was usually a reference to Joseph Smith, Jr. But I did manage to find an exception in Orson F. Whitney’s epic, Elias. As far as I can tell, other than general righteousness, the only real link between these three is that they happen to have the same name. Their histories aren’t really... Read more »
Times and Seasons is a place to gather and discuss ideas of interest to faithful Latter-day Saints.
- A self-guided walking tour of Higher Criticism
- living in zion: I love reading books and posts written in a foreign language. As in, I...
- Jonathan Green: Dave, the position that Ben sketches out is one I’m quite...
- Ben S.: I suspect a fully-informed devotional reading would look something like Canonical...
- James Olsen: I’ve been trying for years to get clearer about this, without a...
- fbisti: To clarify, or addend to my comment #2: Many aspects of the Church’s...
Notes From All Over
Notes from All Over
- Mormon Temples Currently Under Construction September 11, 2014
- Church Expands Online Resources to Help Individuals Overcome Pornography Addiction September 11, 2014
- Mormonism in the News: Getting It Right | 10 September 2014 September 10, 2014
- 13th BYU President Formally Installed September 9, 2014
- Mormons Around the World: Country Newsroom Websites | 5 September September 5, 2014
- Mormonism Online: In Your Own Words | 5 September 2014 September 5, 2014