In May I asked readers here to look at those who had made the news during the first part of the year and suggest who among them should be considered for “Mormon of the Year.” The theory is that looking at the question periodically during the year means that we will include those who have been forgotten by the end of the year. This way, we avoid a bias towards recent events. So, I’d like to suggest that we look at who has made the news since April and suggest possible candidates for “Mormon of the Year.” Read more »
- A 9-year-old Child’s Notes on Gen Conf Sat afternoonReading Nephi – 1:7-17
- Clark Goble: Sadly no Kindle version. But yeah $37 is fairly reasonable.
- Terry H: Clark. I’ll bide my time for something longer on Alma 12-13. I agree 100%...
- James Olsen: Katie — you’re quite welcome, thanks for joining the conversation.
Notes From All Over
- Three Named to the Quorum of the Twelve Apostles October 3, 2015
- Coverage and News Media Resources from the 185th Semiannual General Conference October 3, 2015
- The World Report October 3, 2015
- Photos of the Speakers From the 185th Semiannual General Conference October 3, 2015
- Mormon Temples Currently Under Construction October 2, 2015
- Children’s Handprints Displayed on Temple Square October 1, 2015
Posts Tagged ‘ Jon McNaughton ’
The news yesterday that artist Jon McNaughton had pulled his artwork from the BYU Bookstore led me to ponder once again the influence that Church-owned businesses and institutions have on Mormon Culture. While these institutions seem focused on how what they carry and produce reflects on themselves and, ultimately, the Church, I worry that the variety of books, art, music and other Mormon cultural materials aren’t as available as they should be. Read more »