On Friday, December 13, the Judge Waddoups, a district court judge in the District of Utah, held that Utah's criminalization of polygamy was unconstitutional. Partly, anyway. More on that in a minute. I suspect that this opinion will reverberate throughout the blogosphere and the mainstream media, with the reporting displaying various levels of accuracy. The question I suspect won't get much play, though, is, what are the tax consequences of this decision? Read more »
Times and Seasons is a place to gather and discuss ideas of interest to faithful Latter-day Saints.
- Genesis- Various thoughts and notes on a Saturday night.
- Nancy Phippen browne: Excellent information. I went into this also in my book “Help...
- Terry H: Thanks Ben. This is a treat as always. I think I have some additional reading...
- Dave: Thanks for the link to your review, Keith. Highly recommended for anyone who finds...
- BL: “The second view is, by comparison to the first, fairly welcoming.” Maybe...
- PP: Sara – Regardless of what Elder Ballard said in conference about the united...
Notes From All Over
- Mormons Around the World: Country Newsroom Websites | Jan 23 January 23, 2015
- Catholic Archbishop Delivers Message on Religious Freedom at Brigham Young University January 23, 2015
- Reid L. Neilson Named Assistant Church Historian and Recorder January 23, 2015
- Mormonism Online: In Your Own Words | 22 January 2015 January 22, 2015
- Mormonism In the News: Getting It Right | January 22, 2015 January 22, 2015
- The Humanitarian Impulse January 21, 2015