Some time ago while singing Christmas carols at a non-Mormon event, I suggested that the group sing “Far, Far Away on Judea’s Plains.” I was greeted with blank stares and questions. “What song?” “Never heard of it.” It turns out I was so immersed in Mormon culture (I still am to a large degree) that I didn’t know that “Far, Far Away on Judea’s Plains” is an LDS hymn by a 19th century Utah author, and is therefore unknown to most non-Mormon audiences, even though its doctrine is universal enough for most of them. Read more »
Times and Seasons is a place to gather and discuss ideas of interest to faithful Latter-day Saints.
- My Theory of the Church’s Statement on the Change in BSA Policy
- Kenzo: lol Gary. RIP Boy Scouts of America, 1910-2015. Cause of death: gay frolicking.
- Gary: It is my belief the moral aspect, duty to God, has been the pasturage providing...
- Last Lemming: Just for the record, plural marriages that are “legally and...
- SilverRain: Spending six weeks at home to recover from childbirth is not the same as...
- mirrorrorrim: For me, physical differences distract from spiritual and mental sameness,...
- Raymond Takashi Swenson: Boyd K. Packer was a military pilot who was stationed in Japan...
Notes From All Over
- Mormons Around the World Country Newsroom Websites July 30, 2015 July 30, 2015
- MOTION GRAPHIC: Helping the Needy; It's a Hand Up July 29, 2015
- Church Re-evaluating Scouting Program July 27, 2015
- Mormonism in Pictures: Mormon Tabernacle Choir Expands Outreach July 23, 2015
- Mormon Tabernacle Choir Announces 2016 European Tour July 23, 2015
- MOTION GRAPHIC: LDS Charities Provides Wheelchairs Around the World July 20, 2015