The second lesson in the Joseph Fielding Smith manual, used in Priesthood and Relief Society lessons in the coming year, discusses the life of Jesus Christ and his role in the plan of salvation; quite a lot to cover in a single lesson. In the texts included, Smith ranges from Christ’s birth as the only begotten son of God, to his role establishing a pattern for us to follow, to how we are His sons and daughters through the atonement and through our obedience to His teachings. Fortunately, Mormon poetry, like our teachings, emphasize the role of Christ, making... Read more »
Times and Seasons is a place to gather and discuss ideas of interest to faithful Latter-day Saints.
- Women and the Church – Constructively Engaging the Arguments
- Nathaniel Givens: Naismith- To be fair, the entire “world” does not embrace the...
- Nathaniel Givens: rogerdhansen- You are defending an organization structure that you admit...
- rogerdhansen: Nathaniel, I very much agree with you when say “I absolutely do not...
- rogerdhansen: Michael, I agree with you statement “People suffer more when they make...
- Michael McNew: People suffer more when they make themselves victims. Here a radio host...
Notes From All Over
Notes from All Over
- Mormons Around the World: Country Newsroom Websites | 23 August August 23, 2014
- Ground Broken for Meridian Idaho Temple August 23, 2014
- Apostle Calls for Uplifting Social Media Messages to Sweep the Earth August 19, 2014
- Mormonism in Pictures: What Do Mormon Teens Do? August 14, 2014
- Mormonism in the News: Getting It Right | 13 August 2014 August 13, 2014
- “This Is a Woman’s Church,” Says Director of Humanitarian Services and LDS Charities August 12, 2014
Posts Tagged ‘ Jesus Christ ’
December 29, 2013 | 5 commentsBy Kent Larsen
July 17, 2009 | 55 commentsBy James Olsen
I’m not, by nature, a pacifist. Read more »