Last week a friend invited me to attend a lecture sponsored by the SLU Theology Club and featuring James Alison, a Roman Catholic priest and theologian. Alison grew up in Britain, was raised in a low-church Protestant tradition, converted to Catholicism, and now resides in Belo Horizonte, Brazil, living as an openly gay Catholic and working with AIDS patients. That collision of proper nouns seemed provocative. The talk was to be titled “The Gift of the Spirit and the Shape of Belonging: Meditations on the Church as Ecclesial Sign.” Even more promising: Catholic ecclesiology shares something in common with its... Read more »
Times and Seasons is a place to gather and discuss ideas of interest to faithful Latter-day Saints.
- Mourning and the Gospel
- Sarah Familia: Thank you for sharing this, Walter. My thoughts have been very much with...
- Walter van Beek: Geoff #7 We tend to just follow the program in the church and react...
- Walter van Beek: Thanks for the support. After my posting the most moving moments in fact...
- Naismith: If you want to be considered an equal partner or co-preside with your husband,...
- ji: Naismith, I appreciate your no. 92. May God bless you as you take care of your...
Notes From All Over
Notes from All Over
- Mormonism in the News: Getting It Right | 23 July 2014 July 23, 2014
- FamilySearch Volunteers Break International Indexing Record July 23, 2014
- Mormon Youth in Utah Host Special Needs Pioneer Trek July 22, 2014
- Mormon Tabernacle Choir and Santino Fontana Headline Pioneer Day Concerts July 20, 2014
- Groundbreaking Date Announced for Meridian Idaho Mormon Temple July 18, 2014
- Ogden Utah Temple Open House: Tickets Available 21 July July 17, 2014
Posts Tagged ‘ James Alison ’
March 24, 2010 | 11 commentsBy Rosalynde Welch