Last week a friend invited me to attend a lecture sponsored by the SLU Theology Club and featuring James Alison, a Roman Catholic priest and theologian. Alison grew up in Britain, was raised in a low-church Protestant tradition, converted to Catholicism, and now resides in Belo Horizonte, Brazil, living as an openly gay Catholic and working with AIDS patients. That collision of proper nouns seemed provocative. The talk was to be titled “The Gift of the Spirit and the Shape of Belonging: Meditations on the Church as Ecclesial Sign.” Even more promising: Catholic ecclesiology shares something in common with its... Read more »
Times and Seasons is a place to gather and discuss ideas of interest to faithful Latter-day Saints.
- Book Review: A Song for Issy Bradley by Carys Bray
- Ben S: The fact that the British press loves it so much certainly gives me pause.
- Julie M. Smith: Gina, that is interesting that your reaction is so different from mine....
- Gina: I had such a different reaction to this book. I am frankly shocked that you found it...
- Cameron N: Agreed J Town. Perhaps what Elder Bednar would have us know is that we...
- J Town: Cameron, A very rational response. Social media is not exactly chock full of...
Notes From All Over
Notes from All Over
- Apostle Calls for Uplifting Social Media Messages to Sweep the Earth August 19, 2014
- Mormonism in Pictures: What Do Mormon Teens Do? August 14, 2014
- Mormonism in the News: Getting It Right | 13 August 2014 August 13, 2014
- “This Is a Woman’s Church,” Says Director of Humanitarian Services and LDS Charities August 12, 2014
- Missionary Work: Experiences Shape the Future August 11, 2014
- Public Invited to Tour the Phoenix Arizona Temple August 7, 2014
Posts Tagged ‘ James Alison ’
March 24, 2010 | 11 commentsBy Rosalynde Welch