An old adage among outsiders who study Mormonism states that determining what is and is not Mormon doctrine is a lot like trying to nail jello to a wall—except that the latter feat is entirely possible while the former remains a struggle to this day. Evangelicals who interact with Mormons often express frustration to that end. It seems that as soon as we think we’ve figured out what Mormons believe and how to respond to it, the next Mormon we meet will tell us “we don’t believe that,” “that’s not doctrine,” or “that’s just his opinion.” It would probably... Read more »
Times and Seasons is a place to gather and discuss ideas of interest to faithful Latter-day Saints.
- A 9-year-old Child’s Notes on Gen Conf Sat afternoon
- Brian Rostron: Yes, diversity of opinion is troublesome.
- Kylie Turley: Thanks for commenting. The 9-year-old is thrilled that you are reading this!
- Matt W.: hey 9 year old, great notes.
- Matt W.: Great job 17 year old.
- Brad Brewer: As a seminary teacher of 17 year old students, I loved this perspective. Not...
- Matt W.: wow, impressive 12 year old
Notes From All Over
- Three Named to the Quorum of the Twelve Apostles October 3, 2015
- Coverage and News Media Resources from the 185th Semiannual General Conference October 3, 2015
- The World Report October 3, 2015
- Photos of the Speakers From the 185th Semiannual General Conference October 3, 2015
- Mormon Temples Currently Under Construction October 2, 2015
- Children’s Handprints Displayed on Temple Square October 1, 2015