An old adage among outsiders who study Mormonism states that determining what is and is not Mormon doctrine is a lot like trying to nail jello to a wall—except that the latter feat is entirely possible while the former remains a struggle to this day. Evangelicals who interact with Mormons often express frustration to that end. It seems that as soon as we think we’ve figured out what Mormons believe and how to respond to it, the next Mormon we meet will tell us “we don’t believe that,” “that’s not doctrine,” or “that’s just his opinion.” It would probably... Read more »
Times and Seasons is a place to gather and discuss ideas of interest to faithful Latter-day Saints.
- The Body of Christ
- Porter: How about this question: Can I find the body of Christ in the LDS institutional...
- Matt D.: Isn’t this just a question of semantics? Adam’s point, I take it, is...
- john f.: Thank you for this Adam M. Lovely post, and very important, I think, for many...
- Alison Moore Smith: Goodness, such a beautiful post!
Notes From All Over
- Mormons Around the World: Country Newsroom Websites | 20 October October 20, 2014
- Indianapolis Indiana Temple Topped With Angel Moroni Statue October 17, 2014
- Broadway Star Santino Fontana and ‘Sesame Street’ Muppets™ Headline Christmas Concerts October 16, 2014
- Apostle Speaks on 50th Commemoration of 1964 New York World’s Fair October 15, 2014
- 'Meet the Mormons' Pulls in Audiences Nationwide October 11, 2014
- Photo Essay: Prominent Figures Gather for the ‘Meet the Mormons’ Movie Premiere October 10, 2014