An old adage among outsiders who study Mormonism states that determining what is and is not Mormon doctrine is a lot like trying to nail jello to a wall—except that the latter feat is entirely possible while the former remains a struggle to this day. Evangelicals who interact with Mormons often express frustration to that end. It seems that as soon as we think we’ve figured out what Mormons believe and how to respond to it, the next Mormon we meet will tell us “we don’t believe that,” “that’s not doctrine,” or “that’s just his opinion.” It would probably... Read more »
Times and Seasons is a place to gather and discuss ideas of interest to faithful Latter-day Saints.
- Introducing Walker Wright
- Chris Henrichsen: Let us hope this works out better than my guest stint. :)
- John Lundwall: Great post. Great talk. Correct principles in our teaching culture. Good...
- rs1: I agree. I enjoyed your post very much.
- WalkerW: As for offending, I worry about that too. I try to be careful with my rhetoric. I...
Notes From All Over
- Interfaith Video Competition Winners Announced August 31, 2015
- Mormons Around the World Country Newsroom Websites August 31, 2015 August 31, 2015
- President Uchtdorf Dedicates New Addition to Church’s Polynesian Cultural Center in Hawaii August 29, 2015
- Church Creates Original Video Series on Addiction Recovery August 28, 2015
- Angel Moroni Lifted to the Top of the Fort Collins Colorado Temple August 27, 2015
- Church to Go Forward with Scouting Program August 26, 2015