An old adage among outsiders who study Mormonism states that determining what is and is not Mormon doctrine is a lot like trying to nail jello to a wall—except that the latter feat is entirely possible while the former remains a struggle to this day. Evangelicals who interact with Mormons often express frustration to that end. It seems that as soon as we think we’ve figured out what Mormons believe and how to respond to it, the next Mormon we meet will tell us “we don’t believe that,” “that’s not doctrine,” or “that’s just his opinion.” It would probably... Read more »
Times and Seasons is a place to gather and discuss ideas of interest to faithful Latter-day Saints.
- General Women’s Meeting
- Hedgehog: #34 Really. Because when I just looked very briefly general conference is dated...
- forwardjoe: Geoff – Aus, I am curious what you mean by if the next prophet was...
- Mary Ann: Steve, you are funny. Many Mormons outside the Mormon Corridor would be less...
- Cameron N: Steve, I don’t disagree that many leave because of doubts or that...
- forwardjoe: Well thanks Steve for that comment. I, like you, now know it all.
Notes From All Over
Notes from All Over
- Mormonism Online: In Your Own Words | 30 September 2014 September 30, 2014
- Mormonism in Pictures: Preparing for a Worldwide General Conference September 30, 2014
- Church Provides Preview of Historic Site Under Construction in Pennsylvania September 29, 2014
- Church Hosts Second General Women’s Meeting for Women and Girls September 27, 2014
- Church History Museum Closes for Interior Renovation September 24, 2014
- Church Members Look Forward to Second General Women’s Meeting September 24, 2014