An old adage among outsiders who study Mormonism states that determining what is and is not Mormon doctrine is a lot like trying to nail jello to a wall—except that the latter feat is entirely possible while the former remains a struggle to this day. Evangelicals who interact with Mormons often express frustration to that end. It seems that as soon as we think we’ve figured out what Mormons believe and how to respond to it, the next Mormon we meet will tell us “we don’t believe that,” “that’s not doctrine,” or “that’s just his opinion.” It would probably... Read more »
Times and Seasons is a place to gather and discuss ideas of interest to faithful Latter-day Saints.
- Pray for the Cougars
- Mike: While the occasions have been few and far between, there’s no question that I...
- kenngo1969: Angie (#7): One last thought – I’m assuming you did not choose the education...
- Naismith: One of the impressive things about BYU football is how the team willingly share...
Notes From All Over
- Mormonism Online: In Your Own Words | 18 December 2014 December 18, 2014
- Behind the Scenes at the Mormon Tabernacle Choir Christmas Concert December 18, 2014
- Mormons Around the World: Country Newsroom Websites | December 17 December 17, 2014
- Church Marks Centennial of World War I Christmas Truce December 16, 2014
- Two Temples Scheduled for Renovation in Germany and Idaho December 16, 2014
- Laura Bush and Daughter Jenna to Keynote RootsTech 2015 December 12, 2014