An old adage among outsiders who study Mormonism states that determining what is and is not Mormon doctrine is a lot like trying to nail jello to a wall—except that the latter feat is entirely possible while the former remains a struggle to this day. Evangelicals who interact with Mormons often express frustration to that end. It seems that as soon as we think we’ve figured out what Mormons believe and how to respond to it, the next Mormon we meet will tell us “we don’t believe that,” “that’s not doctrine,” or “that’s just his opinion.” It would probably... Read more »
Times and Seasons is a place to gather and discuss ideas of interest to faithful Latter-day Saints.
- Book Review: The Council of Fifty: A Documentary History
- Joel: Dave, thanks for the clarification.
- Dave: Joel, the initial arrest was for the destruction of the printing press, and several...
- Joel: “To 19th-century Americans, [Joseph Smith being annointed king] would have...
- J Town: I agree that not enough people read to prepare for lessons. To my shame, I’m...
- Steve Smith: If only all OT teachers were Ben S. While the OT is a fascinating book to...
Notes From All Over
- Two Temples Scheduled for Renovation in Germany and Idaho December 16, 2014
- Church Marks Centennial of World War I Christmas Truce December 16, 2014
- Laura Bush and Daughter Jenna to Keynote RootsTech 2015 December 12, 2014
- New Temples To Open in 2015 December 12, 2014
- Mormon Temples Currently Under Construction December 12, 2014
- Artist Santino Fontana, ‘Sesame Street’ Muppets™ Bring Holiday Spirit to Christmas Concert December 12, 2014