A review of The Last Natural: Bryce Harper’s Big Gamble in Sin City and the Greatest Amateur Season Ever by Rob Miech. Thomas Dunne Books/St. Martin’s Press, 2012. 356 p. Review copy courtesy of the publisher. The title ‘The Last Natural‘ packs a lot of meaning and connotation into a few words. While ‘natural’ clearly refers to the inherent talent that Bryce Harper seems to have, there are a few other connotations, at least in baseball. Since Harper arrives at what might be considered the end of the “steroid era,” it could be a kind of pessimistic reference to... Read more »
Times and Seasons is a place to gather and discuss ideas of interest to faithful Latter-day Saints.
- On Not Giving a Fig for Historicity Debates
- Julie M. Smith: And . . . thanks for the discussion.
- p: TWO EGGS A DAY?! Joel Winter, the first thing I thought of when I got up this morning...
- p: Joel #136 you make me thankful for the Enlightenment. There is no homosexual...
- Steve Smith: Wow, amazing story, and book. I’d love to read it.
Notes From All Over
- Groundbreaking Planned for First Wyoming Temple February 25, 2015
- Senior Missionaries Answer Call to Serve February 20, 2015
- Mormonism in the News: Getting It Right | February 19, 2015 February 19, 2015
- Mormonism Online: In Your Own Words | 19 February 2015 February 19, 2015
- Family History Enthusiasts Gather in Utah for RootsTech 2015 February 17, 2015
- Seventh-day Adventist Leader Speaks at Brigham Young University February 13, 2015