During the crucifixion of Christ as portrayed in 3rd Nephi, the devastation seems like it is beyond our understanding. Certainly the descriptions portray devastation on a level that no one today has experienced. The very earth reacts to the death of the Savior, and continues that reaction, apparently until his resurrection on the third day. May we never experience anything like that. But the portrayal raises an interesting theological issue, one that Parley P. Pratt picked up on in his earliest Mormon poetry. Read more »
Times and Seasons is a place to gather and discuss ideas of interest to faithful Latter-day Saints.
- A 9-year-old Child’s Notes on Gen Conf Sat afternoon
- Matt W.: hey 9 year old, great notes.
- Jax: So my wife was bemoaning out loud, “Will my kids never hear the words...
- Tina: Thank you 9-year-old Child! You confirm what I’ve come to believe: that too...
- Matt W.: Great job 17 year old.
- Brad Brewer: As a seminary teacher of 17 year old students, I loved this perspective. Not...
- Matt W.: wow, impressive 12 year old
Notes From All Over
- Three Named to the Quorum of the Twelve Apostles October 3, 2015
- Photos of the Speakers From the 185th Semiannual General Conference October 3, 2015
- The World Report October 3, 2015
- Coverage and News Media Resources from the 185th Semiannual General Conference October 3, 2015
- Mormon Temples Currently Under Construction October 2, 2015
- Children’s Handprints Displayed on Temple Square October 1, 2015
Posts Tagged ‘ intelligences ’
September 10, 2012 | one commentBy Kent Larsen