I’ve always felt quite ambivalent about Pioneer Day, although in recent years I’ve spent it in Utah rather frequently and am descended from the gentleman who proclaimed “this is the place.” In my case, I’m not only separated from the Mormon pioneers by more than 125 years, but also by 2,200 miles (I live in New York City). Read more »
Times and Seasons is a place to gather and discuss ideas of interest to faithful Latter-day Saints.
- General Women’s Meeting
- elizabethany14: Just an interesting aside: my FIL, our stake president, was instructed to...
- Cameron N: @Naismith (29) they wouldn’t be turned away, and official invitations...
- SilverRain: For a leader, I far prefer an old person who knows they don’t know...
- areynolds2466: That’s not a very generous reading, N. This is beautiful and rings...
- Neurophile: Wait, so people go inactive or leave the church because their missionaries...
Notes From All Over
Notes from All Over
- Church Provides Preview of Historic Site Under Construction in Pennsylvania September 29, 2014
- Church Hosts Second General Women’s Meeting for Women and Girls September 27, 2014
- Pew: Religion Losing Influence in America September 24, 2014
- Church History Museum Closes for Interior Renovation September 24, 2014
- Exhibit Highlights Women in the Scriptures September 24, 2014
- Church Members Look Forward to Second General Women’s Meeting September 24, 2014