The new tobacco tax in the United States took effect yesterday, which tripled the amount of tax collected on each pack of cigarrettes, and probably raising the cost of a pack to as much as $9. The tax is the single largest increase in tobacco taxes in history. For an LDS audience, this probably seems all fine and good. You aren’t likely to complain about a sin tax if you aren’t committing that sin. And, to be honest, its hard to imagine a sin tax that LDS Church members would be particularly vulnerable to (perhaps ice cream?) But even... Read more »
Times and Seasons is a place to gather and discuss ideas of interest to faithful Latter-day Saints.
- Review: Joseph Smith’s Polygamy: Toward a Better UnderstandingThe Package Deal
- mem: There is certainly more to this than what is apparent to us here in mortality:...
- Cameron N.: You just described it Don so it’s pretty simple. Covenant keeping...
- Don: What exactly do we mean when we talk of “family” in eternity? In this...
Notes From All Over
- Citizenship and Conscience May 6, 2015
- Open House Begins for the Trujillo Peru Temple May 5, 2015
- Update: Church Continues to Monitor and Respond to Ebola Situation May 5, 2015
- Mormon Youth Will Ask Apostle Questions in Live Chat Event May 5, 2015
- Mormonism Online: In Your Own Words | 4 May 2015 May 4, 2015
- Cedar City Utah Temple Groundbreaking in Late Summer May 4, 2015