In the final minutes of his visit with the Nephites (3 Nephi 27), Christ makes clear that the church established for the Nephites must bear his name and teach his gospel. He even specifies elements of his gospel: the atonement and resurrection, the final judgment, repentance, baptism, faith in Jesus Christ, the gift of the Holy Ghost and enduring to the end. I don’t think it would be very hard to connect any Mormon doctrine to this list. Read more »
Times and Seasons is a place to gather and discuss ideas of interest to faithful Latter-day Saints.
- New Testament Gospel Doctrine Lesson #5
- Terry H: BTW Interview with Julie on Thursday Jan 29 at 9:00 Mountain Time. Its a call-in,...
- Terry H: Mary Ann and Walter. I don’t think Jesus completely dealt with Gentiles the...
- Cameron N.: Whatever it is, it must pass the ‘plainness’ test, required by the...
- Jack: Adam, could the BoM, as a text that catalogs the “messianic” experiences...
Notes From All Over
- BYU-Idaho's Board of Trustees Announces New President January 27, 2015
- Mormon Leaders Call for Laws That Protect Religious Freedom January 27, 2015
- Catholic Archbishop Delivers Message on Religious Freedom at Brigham Young University January 23, 2015
- Mormons Around the World: Country Newsroom Websites | Jan 23 January 23, 2015
- Reid L. Neilson Named Assistant Church Historian and Recorder January 23, 2015
- Mormonism In the News: Getting It Right | January 22, 2015 January 22, 2015