In October a young kid’s fancy swiftly turns to thoughts of treats. With four young kids in our home, you can guess what’s on our minds lately. At our house we celebrate a thoroughly domesticated Halloween, with no concerns about satanism or sugar, just plenty of candy corn and friendly ghosts and homely, homemade costumes. And trick-or-treating. But this year the calendar plays a trick on us: Halloween falls on a Sunday. We observe the Sabbath in a fairly rigorous but, I hope, joyful and worshipful way: we commune at Church, and we rest, read, play, walk, bike, share... Read more »
Times and Seasons is a place to gather and discuss ideas of interest to faithful Latter-day Saints.
- New Testament Gospel Doctrine Lesson #13
- Julie M. Smith: ponderer, I think there is ample evidence that the second was a Gentile...
- ponderer: Julie thanks for the insights. I was wondering about the common assumption that...
- mirrorrorrim: Thanks, S James, for being so non-confrontational, especially with how...
- Clark Goble: Well we don’t really know what’s going on there and how much of...
- John Lundwall: Clark, I am not suggesting that no real astronomical measurements were...
Notes From All Over
- Mormonism Online: In Your Own Words | 25 March 2015 March 25, 2015
- Unity in Diversity March 25, 2015
- Mormons Around the World Country Newsroom Websites March 24, 2015 March 24, 2015
- Church Leaders Visit Caroline Kennedy, U.S. Ambassador to Japan March 20, 2015
- Mormonism Online: In Your Own Words | 18 March 2015 March 18, 2015
- Women of the Church Honored in March March 17, 2015