Nauvoo had its Relief Society, but the “society of sisters” in Boston was instead the “Sewing and Penny Society,” or so the Church’s New York City newspaper reported. Despite all that the Relief Society has become in the nearly 170 years since it was founded, it apparently only existed in Nauvoo. In other areas, women were left to their own devices. Read more »
Times and Seasons is a place to gather and discuss ideas of interest to faithful Latter-day Saints.
- The Only True and Living Opinion
- alotlikelaman: Moderator: please delete my previous comment with the four hyperlinks (I...
- Suleyman: alotlikelaman (21 & 23): You are proof texting Adam Miller, and I know he...
- Cameron N.: Joseph and people who believe he was a prophet disagree for this reason:...
Notes From All Over
- Update: Church Continues to Monitor and Respond to Ebola Situation May 5, 2015
- Mormon Youth Will Ask Apostle Questions in Live Chat Event May 5, 2015
- Open House Begins for the Trujillo Peru Temple May 5, 2015
- Mormonism Online: In Your Own Words | 4 May 2015 May 4, 2015
- Cedar City Utah Temple Groundbreaking in Late Summer May 4, 2015
- Thousands Gather at BYU for Annual Women’s Conference May 1, 2015