The Twitters tell me that 80 years ago today, Utah became the 36th state to ratify the 21st Amendment, thus ending Prohibition. Whatever you think about Prohibition, it's probably worth noting the Pres. Grant was not a fan of its end. In fact, he addressed the end of Prohibition---and Utah's role in ending it---at General Conference in 1934. Here's an (annotated by me) excerpt of what he said: Read more »
Times and Seasons is a place to gather and discuss ideas of interest to faithful Latter-day Saints.
- New Testament Gospel Doctrine Lesson #5
- jader3rd: While I realize that some hookups went on around the watering well sometimes,...
- Regina Winewater: I have always loved the way that this woman wasn’t afraid to...
- Alison Moore Smith: That sounds like a great event. I would love to hear from those who...
Notes From All Over
- Construction of Rome Italy Temple to Resume at Normal Pace January 29, 2015
- Mormon Leaders Call for Laws That Protect Religious Freedom January 27, 2015
- BYU-Idaho's Board of Trustees Announces New President January 27, 2015
- Mormons Around the World: Country Newsroom Websites | Jan 23 January 23, 2015
- Catholic Archbishop Delivers Message on Religious Freedom at Brigham Young University January 23, 2015
- Reid L. Neilson Named Assistant Church Historian and Recorder January 23, 2015