The Twitters tell me that 80 years ago today, Utah became the 36th state to ratify the 21st Amendment, thus ending Prohibition. Whatever you think about Prohibition, it's probably worth noting the Pres. Grant was not a fan of its end. In fact, he addressed the end of Prohibition---and Utah's role in ending it---at General Conference in 1934. Here's an (annotated by me) excerpt of what he said: Read more »
Times and Seasons is a place to gather and discuss ideas of interest to faithful Latter-day Saints.
- We Are Made to Suffer
- Anon: The glorification of psychopaths as noted in comment 41? Bad idea. You might be...
- rogerdhansen: Michael, I agree with you statement “People suffer more when they make...
- Michael McNew: People suffer more when they make themselves victims. Here a radio host...
Notes From All Over
Notes from All Over
- Mormons Around the World: Country Newsroom Websites | 23 August August 23, 2014
- Ground Broken for Meridian Idaho Temple August 23, 2014
- Apostle Calls for Uplifting Social Media Messages to Sweep the Earth August 19, 2014
- Mormonism in Pictures: What Do Mormon Teens Do? August 14, 2014
- Mormonism in the News: Getting It Right | 13 August 2014 August 13, 2014
- “This Is a Woman’s Church,” Says Director of Humanitarian Services and LDS Charities August 12, 2014