Its hard to find poetry about tithing! I suppose since tithing wasn’t emphasized as much by the Church before the beginning of the 20th century, Mormon poets didn’t focus on the concept. Or, it might simply be that the subject matter doesn’t work well in poetry; certainly the word “tithing” isn’t very poetic, leaving me with visions of bad poetry in which every line ends with a present participle. Its enough to set my ears ringing! But, I suspect that tithing is such a basic concept that my chronological review of poetry, still mired in the late 1840s, just... Read more »
Times and Seasons is a place to gather and discuss ideas of interest to faithful Latter-day Saints.
- Data, Doctrines, & Doubts: Improving Gospel Instruction
- Julie M. Smith: This is a fabulous post; thank you.
- AA: Oh by the way, my wife disagrees with earrings entirely (after having many). I’m...
- AA: “One, you contradict yourself here by saying that to-do lists aren’t needed for...
- Alison Moore Smith: ji, don’t worry about my neck of the woods. My dad married a...
- ji: Alison, You will be happy to know that in all the wards I have lived in, our young men...
- Ben S: Welcome!
Notes From All Over
- Interfaith Video Competition Winners Announced August 31, 2015
- Mormons Around the World Country Newsroom Websites August 31, 2015 August 31, 2015
- President Uchtdorf Dedicates New Addition to Church’s Polynesian Cultural Center in Hawaii August 29, 2015
- Church Creates Original Video Series on Addiction Recovery August 28, 2015
- Angel Moroni Lifted to the Top of the Fort Collins Colorado Temple August 27, 2015
- Church to Go Forward with Scouting Program August 26, 2015