Its hard to find poetry about tithing! I suppose since tithing wasn’t emphasized as much by the Church before the beginning of the 20th century, Mormon poets didn’t focus on the concept. Or, it might simply be that the subject matter doesn’t work well in poetry; certainly the word “tithing” isn’t very poetic, leaving me with visions of bad poetry in which every line ends with a present participle. Its enough to set my ears ringing! But, I suspect that tithing is such a basic concept that my chronological review of poetry, still mired in the late 1840s, just... Read more »
Times and Seasons is a place to gather and discuss ideas of interest to faithful Latter-day Saints.
- BYU NT Commentary Summer Seminar
- Ben S: I’ll be there.
- Ardis: Those of you who qualify are going to have such a great time … /s/ Wistful
- stephenchardy: To the administrators of timesandseasons.org. Can you please delete my last...
- stephenchardy: Jeff: Your testimony of church leaders is clearly sincere and therefore...
- Jeff walsh: stephenchardy I have just seen your missive so I will take another couple of...
Notes From All Over
- Church Missionary Department Explains Approach to Zika Virus February 8, 2016
- Seven Cities Announced for 2016 Mormon Tabernacle Choir European Tour February 5, 2016
- Dieter F. Uchtdorf of Church’s First Presidency Recounts Childhood Refugee Ordeal February 4, 2016
- World's Largest Family History Event Held in Utah February 2, 2016
- The Virtuous Cycle of Dialogue February 1, 2016
- Mormon Tabernacles — Religious and Community Edifices January 27, 2016