In honor of my grandfather, who passed away yesterday at the tender age of 93, I thought I’d post a few photographs. He was a kind and generous man who was always upright in his dealings and loved to surround himself with family. He was not a member of the Church (my mother is a convert), but he led a moderate and principled life that will continue to serve as an example to me. His memory will be carried by his children and numerous grandchildren and great-grandchildren. This last fall, my wife and I were lucky enough to sneak... Read more »
- The Three NeophytesWhat is Mormon Doctrine?
- Clark Goble: Yeah, technically deification is a Christian doctrine although not one most...
- Maggie: Thanks for those thoughts, Clark. #4 seems to be the big one for my husband, and I...
- Clark Goble: The main doctrines that we differ on from traditional conservative...
- Julie M. Smith: Christian, thanks for your comment.
Notes From All Over
- Mormons Around the World Country Newsroom Websites October 9, 2015 October 9, 2015
- Mormonism in Pictures: Reflections of General Conference Fall 2015 October 9, 2015
- New Presiding Bishopric Announced October 9, 2015
- Church Recognized for Saving Electricity and Protecting the Environment October 8, 2015
- Leadership Changes in Presidency of the Seventy Announced October 6, 2015
- Mormonism Online: In Your Own Words | October 5, 2015 October 5, 2015
Posts Tagged ‘ Grandparents ’
This photo was taken the week before we moved across the country and left all of our family back home. Just a warm summer evening, feeding the ducks with Grandma and Grandpa, and enjoying the experience. I never understood why people said it was great to be a grandparent, until I became a parent myself. Though some days as a young mom seem rough rather than fun, I cherish the moments that I get to kiss their warm cheeks, hug their small bodies, and then out of the blue they say “I love you mom”. When my little ones... Read more »