Several weeks ago the NPR program This American Life aired a stunning segment on Gordon Gee, the Latter-day Saint President of Ohio State University, and his daughter Rebecca. The segment revolved around a series of letters Gordon’s late wife Elizabeth wrote to their daughter as she was dying of cancer. Rebecca was 16 at the time of her mother’s death, and the letters were to be given to her each year on her birthday for thirteen years. Rebecca, however, gradually drifted from the Church, while the letters from her devout mother focused heavily on the deep yearnings she had... Read more »
Times and Seasons is a place to gather and discuss ideas of interest to faithful Latter-day Saints.
- Who killed Goliath? CSI in Jerusalem
- Wilfried: Thanks, Walter, for the fascinating investigation. Heroism in bigger-than-life...
- jader3rd: I remember reading through the ‘Saul had not met David, yet he had...
- Stephen Wight: Regarding my statement (#55) “Perhaps the situation is thus: we...
- ji: Yes, Steve, you can voluntarily choose to feel hope in a particular path — if...
Notes From All Over
- Montreal Mormon Flash Mob Musically Shares Christmas Message December 22, 2014
- Mormonism Online: In Your Own Words | 18 December 2014 December 18, 2014
- Behind the Scenes at the Mormon Tabernacle Choir Christmas Concert December 18, 2014
- Mormons Around the World: Country Newsroom Websites | December 17 December 17, 2014
- Church Marks Centennial of World War I Christmas Truce December 16, 2014
- Two Temples Scheduled for Renovation in Germany and Idaho December 16, 2014